lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2010, 06:50 AM   #1
Lost Bouy
Not Yet Wild

Default 96 gas Club Car ds ( rev limiter )

I heard about removing the negitive wire from the rev limiter, but I don't know where it is. Can anyone descride where it is at?

I think it would be nice to have a hidden switch to disconnect it when I need the SPEED, but be able to let the Kids use the cart safly.
Lost Bouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2010, 07:06 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 96 gas Club Car ds ( rev limiter )

It is mounted on the front of the engine down low. It is a small square unit with a black ground wire going to one of it's mounting bolts ( it may only have one?) disconnect this ground wire and the unit is inoperable .....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:57 AM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: 96 gas Club Car ds ( rev limiter )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Bouy View Post
I heard about removing the negitive wire from the rev limiter, but I don't know where it is. Can anyone descride where it is at?

I think it would be nice to have a hidden switch to disconnect it when I need the SPEED, but be able to let the Kids use the cart safly.
While it sounds like a simple and cool option, You are thinking about this idea incorrectly.
To have the rpms pass the limiter to start with, you would need to have the throttle linkage and governor adjusted to make the carb open more and motor run faster.
Flipping a switch to make the limiter operational again wouldn't reconfigure the linkage and the kids would end up bouncing the RPMs off of the limiter and do more engine damage.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car