lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
KENNETHC
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Hog Hunting

Im In Missouri And Have Wanted To Hog Hunt For A Long Time. Archery That Is. I Would Like To Have Any Possiable Contacts For Hog Hunting In The South. Private Land Or Public. Thanks For Any Info.
KENNETHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2010, 09:51 PM   #2
gstoneberg
Gone Wild

Default Re: Hog Hunting

The hog forum I belong to is TexasBoars (http://www.texasboars.com). Down here in Texas there are 4 primary ways you get access to hunt pigs:
  1. Have family with ranch land
  2. Buy into a hog lease, or a deer/hog combination lease.
  3. Go to one of the many day-lease hog places.
  4. Sign up at one of the Corps of Engineers public hunting areas.

I started with day leases when I lived in the north and drove down, but now that I live in Texas I have a deer/hog lease. There are people who find ranchers that let them hog hunt to reduce the crop damage, but it is rare.

What exactly do you want to know? I can tell you where I've gone, but there are hundreds of day lease ranches. I'm in the process of planning a hunting trip for a couple marine brothers, one that's in A-stan now and the other is a reservist about to go to Haiti. Here's a shot of the last time I took one of them to the lease. We used guns, even though I'm a traditional archer at heart.

PM me if you want more detail.

George
gstoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #3
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Hog Hunting

There is also a very active hog hunting forum on Graybeardoutdoors.com with requests for hunt recommendations actively posted and replied.
Land Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing