lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2023, 09:16 AM   #1
3fan
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Drive2 Quiet tech GREAT until hill climb

Hey all, I've got a 2019 Yamaha Drive2 Quiet tech. It's been a great cart that we use at our campground. Everything was good until just a month ago. Cruising around the campground is easy and its runs smooth until I have to climb a hill. Normally I can apply gas and jot up the hill rather quickly. However, now when I apply acceleration it "bogs" down and struggles to climb. Once I'm at the top and back on level ground it runs great again. So far after reading the forum this is what I've tried: REMOVED SPARK ARRESTOR, REPLACED AIR FILTER, REPLACED DRIVE BELT, REPLACED GAS. I'm at a loss and would love some advice as to what to try next. Again, when running on flat ground it runs great and seems to be getting fuel just fine... but hill climb is slow with no power. TIA!

3fan
3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2023, 09:26 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Drive2 Quiet tech GREAT until hill climb

Try stopping at the bottom of the hill and then try it. If it climbs well then you probably are having issues with the clutches not down shifting.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 07:19 AM   #3
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

This is a common complaint and since you have done away with the spark arrestor already, then what happens is the secondary clutch gets weak. You can change the spring to something else, or you can re-clock the stock spring tighter, to hold the motor in the torque band a bit. However, the secondary clutches on these cars suck. Look at the front of your secondary clutch and see if it has 4 rivets or 6 rivets holding the sheave on. If 4 rivets, thats an older one and you may want to update to the new clutch and re-clock the new clutch before putting it on. They are still weak clutches.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 02:44 PM   #4
3fan
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks both of you for posting! Sorry for the late reply. I tried the first suggestion with stopping at the bottom of the hill. No change as it still feels that I'm in "High Gear" going up a hill. As far as the secondary clutch, it appears that I have 6 rivets. What your describing does sound like it would cause the issue I'm having. Sounds like a spring replacement might be in order. Thank you both!
3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 11:43 AM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

One more thing.
With your right hand, hold the secondary outer sheave...With your left hand try to turn the inner sheave of the secondary clutch towards the rear of the cart, see if it is spring loaded still, if not and you can just spin it backwards...the clutch is breaking and I would recommend replacing.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha