lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2023, 09:30 AM   #1
Heavychevy88
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo-22hp-slow.

I am new to this so please bare with me. 96 ezgo with vegas carts swapped 22hp predator. I have plenty of experience in the mechanical field for those wondering. This cart was converted from electric to gas. Now it runs fine idles smooth shifts smooth as well. The driven clutchwas rebuilt two days ago. The problem is all I hear is how these carts should go around 30 to 40mph after the swap. My cart only goes 22mph and that's with really running the rpms up. those of you that know these motors they don't like it. My question is do I change the gear in the rear end to help with top speed or is somthing wrong with rear end that would cause this? The rear end came out of a 96 gas ezgo and my cart is a 96 ezgo txt. The cart has a 6 inch lift with 12 in wheels not sure on the tire size. The rear end does not make any noises. I'm not pulling anything, not riding up hills nor am I taking it offroad. I just simply want to be able to cruise with the other fast carts at the beach and not get smoked all while turning low rpms. I'm not familiar with the rear ends in these carts but from what I can read they are not terrible to work on.
Heavychevy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2023, 11:01 AM   #2
doo dah
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ezgo-22hp-slow.

Need to change the gear set to 8:1 or 6:1. I have a 2013 TXT lifted, 25" tires, and 8:1 gears and it will do 30 easily and be around 3200 rpm doing it. If you have 23" tires and factory gear set then 22-25 is about it I think. Tons of content in multiple threads on this forum.
doo dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 12:38 PM   #3
Heavychevy88
Not Yet Wild

Doo dah thanks yes I was thinking the same thing just trying to make sure it's not somthing I am missing.
Heavychevy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 04:15 PM   #4
doo dah
Gone Wild

Gear set change is pretty easy, got mine from Carts Parts Plus (think they are a site vendor). Shipped quick and about the best price I could find outside of the auction sites. Good luck!
doo dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 06:53 AM   #5
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Has the engine governor been removed?
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!