lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2023, 07:11 AM   #1
Basket case TXT
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 TXT PDS Stuck in Limp Mode, Backup Buzzer has Stopped

Long time lurker, appreciate all the help you guys have provided so far, my cart was a pile of parts when I started putting it together a few months ago and this forum has definitely helped!

Now for the problem....

2009 EZGO TXT PDS I picked up in pieces for $300 last fall. Got everything back together, installed new batteries, rebuilt Curtis 1206MX controller, cables, ITS, F/R switch, speed sensor, and some other stuff I am sure I am forgetting.

First test ride around the neighborhood was great, full speed, everything worked, no issues. Parked it overnight, came back to it the following evening to take the kids for a spin and im speed limited to 5MPH. Pulled a 3-2 code off the controller and started troubleshooting. Everything tested fine but I started swapping in spares like solenoid, ITS, F/R switch, speed sensor, etc.

Fast forward a few frustrating evenings, still stuck in limp mode and now the backup beeper has stopped working so I'm not even sure what codes its still throwing. I checked wiring to and from back up beeper and there's no voltage going to it so it seems the controller isnt sending a signal.

Batteries are fully charged, controller tested fine, all switch signals at controller tested fine(no voltage drop), solenoid clicks, cart drives, its a real head scratcher.

One other noted side effect, my solenoid is getting hot, I was attributing this to driving around on low voltage limp mode (I tested motor while driving and it seems to be getting a constant 18.1V - 18.5V at full pedal) pulling lots of amps across the coil to compensate but maybe its a side effect worth noting.

Also tried tricking it out of limp mode while driving with various methods shared here....none worked, not turning off and back on while rolling, not flipping to nuetral or reverse or a second while driving, nothing has worked. The regen brake slows me down until I release the pedal and press it again.

Any ideas?
Basket case TXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2023, 04:30 PM   #2
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2009 TXT PDS Stuck in Limp Mode, Backup Buzzer has Stopped

PDS doesnt have a limp mode that I am aware of. Normally when they drive slow it is speed sensor related. Go here https://shop.fsip.biz/Image/GetDocument/en/219 this will give you everything to check,
brokebuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 07:07 AM   #3
Basket case TXT
Not Yet Wild

Appreciate the help BrokeBuggy!

I went through the same checklist when I initially installed the controller but was less thorough in my troubleshooting.

Ill run through the checklist you shared and let you know what I find.
Basket case TXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 08:07 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If a pds cart doesn’t see the speed sensor it will go into a limp mode.. Key on and cart in F. Push it and see if it resists.. If no it is not seeing the sensor.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO