lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2023, 08:05 PM   #1
Tripline123
Not Yet Wild

Default Vevor primary/secondary in G2 gas cart will this work

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums as I just purchased a yellow 1989 Yamaha G2 gas golf cart. Wasn't running to great so I pulled the engine on the 2nd day of ownership. Previous owner must have just had new clutches installed in it but appears didn't solve his issues so decided to sell it. I just ordered the 459cc vegascarts swap kit with the generator/starter bracket because I wanted to keep that function of the cart. I'm now tearing down rest of the cart and noticed the clutches are Vevor brand not OEM as I thought....reviews on their site are good. But does anyone know anything about them? Will this with the 459cc predator swap?
Tripline123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2023, 09:44 PM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Vevor primary/secondary in G2 gas cart will this work

The primary clutch situation is complicated. To use the stock type tapered clutch you need to cut the end of the crankshaft and tap it deeper. Along with this the 459 doesn't use the standard clone crank which can be bought for $100 or so. My point is if you decide the stock type clutch was not a good decision it would be difficult to go to the more commonly used clutch in clone swaps, the comet 780. The secondary if what is in there is not suitable you haven't burnt any bridges so to speak. If it we me I would go with the bolt on and very easily tuned comet 780 and see how the aftermarket secondary works out. P.S. Did you get the tapered clutch adapter with the Vegascarts kit ? The 780R would have been an extra cost option with kit along with the S/G pulley to drive the S/G.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 11:00 PM   #3
Tripline123
Not Yet Wild

Yes the tapered clutch adapter comes with this kit. I was reading the instructions and yes not to excited about cutting the end of the crankshaft although I can do it. But then if I do it and this primary turns out to be junk I then have an issue. I was in between just doing the 670cc swap and that kit comes with the new primary clutch. But thought the 459cc would be enough, didn't have to mess with brake cables and an alternator. Plus was saving some money. So maybe I'll just order the 780 comet primary and hope the secondary is good. Thanks for the advice

One more question, The cart would go like 10mph then felt like hit the governor. Looks like the governor was deleted though as no cable hooked to it and that bolt was tightened all the way in. Then when letting off the gas pedal and it was slowing down it would kind of buck like the clutch was grabbing. There was no air box and gas would shout out of the carb. Pulled plug and cylinder was full of oil so obviously motor was tired in my opinion. Is there a way to check the rear end/trans with no engine in it. Like spin the rear wheels with back end lifted up? Is it obvious as listening for any unusual noises and if it spins its good? I'm just now worried about the rear end.
Tripline123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 07:43 AM   #4
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

That cart has a great trans axle so it is unlikely to be a problem. While things are apart another idea is to set the secondary on B 1 as you will have plenty of torque compared to the stocker and the B 1 setting on the secondary will let it shift over a lower RPM. IF you didn't buy the 459 yet the 440 Duromax might be a better pick. The 459 is not really supported by the aftermarket
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!