lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2023, 07:44 PM   #1
willy_b
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 36v charger

I need to replace my charger (36v EZGO) and i was looking at some i found on amazon. Basically a 36v 18a on board charger and i was wondering if anyone has bought one... hows it working?
thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: png amazon 36v charger.png (605.8 KB, 0 views)
willy_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2023, 06:23 AM   #2
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 36v charger

Woofta $300 for a aftermarket non-lithium charger. Is the onboard something you are desiring to have?
jasonojordan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 08:41 AM   #3
Lochlin
Gone Wild

I can't answer your question directly but I have a 48v Club Car on which I suspect the OBC has crapped out. I can't confirm until this weekend, though. If my OBC is bad, I will be buying the FORM rather than replacing the silly OBC.

Another person in my camp has a 48v FORM and he's been using it a couple of years with no problem. He called their customer service to inquire about settings for different battery brands and a US-based agent answered the phone and connected him to a knowledgeable US-based tech without waiting.

Of note for the Club Car guys, that charger will work either with a functional OBC or with a bypassed one.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 01:42 PM   #4
Dagwood8
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy_b View Post
I need to replace my charger (36v EZGO) and i was looking at some i found on amazon. Basically a 36v 18a on board charger and i was wondering if anyone has bought one... hows it working?
thanks in advance

I spent the extra for this exact one. Put it on my ‘83 EZGO Marathon trash hauler at the campground. When I leave at the end of the weekend I can plug it in and forget about it like Ron Popeil. [emoji1]

I like that it’s onboard and I don’t have to lug the huge/heavy old charger around. It charges then floats the charge and then turns off after a set period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dagwood8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 09:41 PM   #5
willy_b
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
Woofta $300 for a aftermarket non-lithium charger. Is the onboard something you are desiring to have?
the OBC is what im looking for... with the amazon one, i just dont know the track record with it. if someone can recommend something else.
i just dont want to buy a POS
Old 06-07-2023, 09:43 PM   #6
willy_b
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood8 View Post
I spent the extra for this exact one. Put it on my ‘83 EZGO Marathon trash hauler at the campground. When I leave at the end of the weekend I can plug it in and forget about it like Ron Popeil. [emoji1]

I like that it’s onboard and I don’t have to lug the huge/heavy old charger around. It charges then floats the charge and then turns off after a set period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
how long have you been using it?
Old 06-11-2023, 06:05 PM   #7
Dagwood8
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy_b View Post
how long have you been using it?
Only about a month now but it seems to be working well.
Dagwood8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 12:47 AM   #8
willy_b
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
thanks!
Old 06-19-2023, 03:43 AM   #9
willy_b
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
got the charger last week and it works perfectly. I think the old one was one its way out for a while. the batteries definitely have a lot more getty up and gone.
thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO