lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2023, 02:49 PM   #11
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Controller upgrade for 23 inch tires

They started putting in Curtis controllers sometime in 2012 starting with the 1206AC-5201.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2023, 05:20 PM   #12
SOUTHVIEW
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I purchased a 09 RXV with Danahar controller and 23” tires from a private party. It kept on locking up the brakes randomly. I switched to a Navitas 600amp controller and an SW180 solenoid. That cart was amazing after that. I had the ability to adjust speed, regen and torque on the fly. Plus lock it to any speed I wanted if my children were going to drive it. Plus ,as a bonus, it has Bluetooth app so no need pay a for a dealer to diagnose any problems(which I never had) and a lock down on the app. I could park my cart, lock it through the app and never have to take the keys out if I didn’t want to. It totally shut the ability to engage the cart,until I unlocked it through the app. Love this system.
SOUTHVIEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 09:46 AM   #13
unhitched
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCartBoy View Post
HPEVS is in your area
I spoke to them and they dont do golf carts, more industrial motors and controllers and apparently Ezgo uses proprietary programming on Curtis controllers that they have no interest in working with.
unhitched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 11:01 AM   #14
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Ah too bad.
I looked back at your original question, seems you aren't sure if you will be disappointed with the torque after the tire upgrade. If you are dead set on the tires, you might as well upgrade them and see how it drives. If you are disappointed with the torque, as usgic suggested, a 350 amp curtis would be an easy drop in - these are also tunable with a usb serial cable and downloaded software.
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 11:06 AM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If cart currently has a Curtis in it then the 350 would be a drop in and would have no problem with 23” tires and hills. Plus tuned up would be 30+ mph. Also looked at your link and it went to a 350 Curtis but it was for a club car sepex drive. Won’t work in the RXV.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO