lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2023, 11:47 AM   #1
kkrebs40
Not Yet Wild

Default Body/Lift Kits the Same Between Gas and Electric?

I have a 2002 GAS Club Car DS (originally with the metal hub caps) with a DoubleTake Spartan body kit (w/LED street legal kit), Madjax 6" Lift Kit and Madjax rear seat kit. I'm looking to buy an electric DS and move all my items over to the new electric one. My question is if these three kits can be used on both gas and electric versions of the DS? And if they fit on my 2002 gas version (originally w/metal hub caps), what year range electric version of the DS would they work with?

My plan is to search for an electric cart that all these items would fit on instead of buying a newer cart and all new kits for it or buying an expensive cart with everything already done to it.
kkrebs40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2023, 03:29 PM   #2
kkrebs40
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Body/Lift Kits the Same Between Gas and Electric?

After doing a little bit of research, I'm thinking everything should be compatible between Gas and Electric Club Car DS carts between 1982-2004. Anyone able to confirm? Thanks!
Old 06-06-2023, 05:14 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

No.

Front will fit fine

The main body, the cutout for the choke vs charging port are different locations. Unless you go lithium (which gives you flexibility as to where the charger can go) the choke hole will go right into a battery so the charge port won’t fit.

Vice versa for the choke button fitting where the charge port goes on the stock body.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 11:31 AM   #4
kkrebs40
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
No.

Front will fit fine

The main body, the cutout for the choke vs charging port are different locations. Unless you go lithium (which gives you flexibility as to where the charger can go) the choke hole will go right into a battery so the charge port won’t fit.

Vice versa for the choke button fitting where the charge port goes on the stock body.
Thanks, good info. I do plan to go lithium, so I might be able to get away with putting the charging port somewhere else. I also have no issues breaking off the choke but keeping the choke "button" where it is for ascetics so there isn't just a hole in the body.
Old 06-07-2023, 06:25 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

To add, rear seat will fit fine.

Lift kit will fit up to (I think) 2004 when they changed to the plastic hubs. Plastic hub vs metal are completely different spindles. Although if you’re switching the entire front suspension from old cart to a newer one I’d think it will fit fine.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car