lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2023, 12:33 PM   #1
kevin588127
Not Yet Wild

Default Alltrax throttle problem after washing

Had an interesting issue with my cart. I washed it 2 nights ago using just the garden hose. I carefully washed the battery area, taking care not to directly spray any electrical components or my lithium pack. When I was done, the throttle on the controller was showing 90 percent at all times. Cart has an alltrax controller, 51v lithium, ITS throttle, series motor. I took the ITS apart assuming that was the issue but even when unplugged, controller was still showing throttle input. The only way I could get it to show zero percent was to unplug the throttle 4 pin harness near the controller. The other odd thing is that while everything was wet, I would get 30v B- to frame and 20v B+ to frame. I am assuming that the harness going from the controller to the throttle must have a bad spot in it. Of course the problem is gone now that every thing has dried out and nothing has continuity to the frame. Stray voltage on the frame is also gone. Cart has no accessories except an LED light that is wired direct to the battery.
kevin588127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2023, 04:28 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax throttle problem after washing

The 4 pin plug you mentioned between the pedal box and the controller is a notorious trouble spot. Sooner or later you will cut the plug off, butt splice the wires, and seal with heatshrink.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!