lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2023, 06:56 PM   #1
yler4cy
Gone Wild

Default Yamaha G8 - Running Rough

I just picked up a Yamaha G8 fairly cheap from someone. When you first take off it will run sluggishly and potentially even backfire a little bit. I pulled the carb off yesterday and cleaned it out real good and now it seems to not be hesitant but backfire a little bit more. The weird thing is when I pull the air box apart and pull the air filter out it was full of oil. I ran the golf cart without the air filter in the box and it runs great. I got a new air filter and put it in and for some reason it does the same thing where it almost backfires through the air box. My plan is to pull the air box off completely then inspect to make sure there's no plugs anywhere but any suggestions on what else I should try? If you run the cart with the air filter on and choke it a little bit it seems to run better so to me it really seems like there's a restriction in the air flow somewhere. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
yler4cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2023, 06:06 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Yamaha G8 - Running Rough

So with the choke pulled a little bit it runs good?

Also how full is the oil and is it lifted?

These carts take exactly 1 quart. No more, no less.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 06:15 PM   #3
yler4cy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G8 - Running Rough

I bought a carb from Plowmans and it seems to work good now.
yler4cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha