lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2023, 10:54 AM   #1
Cart54
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Allied 48v 105Ah Issues

Let me preface this all with the fact Allied is engaged in troubleshooting but it’s over email so far so slow.

It appears the single battery is showing charged on the app but has 0 power. It won’t even keep the controller powered. Then the power light on the pack shuts down. You can restart it but it just dims out.

Anyone ran into something similar that they were able to fix on their own? I’m afraid this might end in a warranty replacement which comes at a significant confidence loss.

Thanks all!
Cart54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2023, 05:25 PM   #2
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Allied 48v 105Ah Issues

Best you keep going with Allied. Sounds like a BMS issue (most are) and nothing you can fix on your own. Also, wouldn’t want to void your warranty.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 08:23 PM   #3
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart54 View Post
Let me preface this all with the fact Allied is engaged in troubleshooting but it’s over email so far so slow.

It appears the single battery is showing charged on the app but has 0 power. It won’t even keep the controller powered. Then the power light on the pack shuts down. You can restart it but it just dims out.

Anyone ran into something similar that they were able to fix on their own? I’m afraid this might end in a warranty replacement which comes at a significant confidence loss.

Thanks all!
electronics fail... sound like whats happened here. these batteries are not just batteries. The bms is actually a fairly sophisticated piece of electronics compared to a simple lead acid battery. Just like the car or truck in your driveway is far more sophisticated from what would have been sitting in a driveway 50 years ago.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 12:06 PM   #4
Cart54
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Looks Allied is going to need to replace this unit. Waiting on warranty process now.
Old 05-08-2023, 05:05 PM   #5
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Good outcome. Can’t ask for more.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 08:14 AM   #6
Cart54
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

This took a turn - Allied is asking me to send my battery in for evaluation. This is a non-starter for me. I don't have the crate/pallet any more and I know shipping will be well over $200. Working on an advanced replacement with them. <fingers crossed>
Old 05-11-2023, 09:24 AM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Try a warranty return with a China company sometime. Many of these small suppliers will fall down on the job when it comes to warranty support. I would classify almost all of the Lithium suppliers for golf cart drop-in's as small suppliers volume wise. My guess is that most of the failures are the BMS itself - a small item size wise - but it requires some skill and tools to remove / replace it.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 03:26 PM   #8
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Where's the nearest allied dealer? Maybethey can help.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 02:48 PM   #9
Cart54
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Battery replacement was shipped out! It's been working fine for a week. Now - let's see how the return of the defective one goes. It's $177 to ship this battery. I doubt a local dealer will want to deal with the return.
Old 05-25-2023, 12:28 PM   #10
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart54 View Post
Battery replacement was shipped out! It's been working fine for a week. Now - let's see how the return of the defective one goes. It's $177 to ship this battery. I doubt a local dealer will want to deal with the return.
Do they expect you to pay for return shipping?

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO