lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2023, 10:51 PM   #1
MelLandry
Not Yet Wild

Default Help Troubleshooting BadBoy Buggy

2006 BadBoy 48v all electric 4wd

NAVITAS Traction Controller DSE1000HF3 24/48 volt KT DSE 1000-HF3

I got it in a non running condition. Cleaned it up and replaced the batteries. Have 4x48v with a 48v to 12v converter.

53v at the battery. 12v at the inverter.

Battery gauge, headlights, and winch work.

I get nothing when I press the throttle. When I first tested it, there was no clicking in the solenoid. Then, an hour later, as I typed this, while I was doing nothing (key on), I heard a hum. Now when I play with the forward/reverse switch I sometimes get clicks in the solenoid, but still no movement when I press the accelerator.

How should I go about troubleshooting?
MelLandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2023, 08:50 PM   #2
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Re: Help Troubleshooting BadBoy Buggy

Get rid of the thing. Bad Boy Buggies are known for being, well, BAD. They're garbage hunting carts. Even when they run, they ride like war wagons. Getting schematics is all but impossible, and it's a secret they protect like the FBI. Each year is different both in wiring configuration and battery orientation. Most of the older ones (2006 was after they stopped calling them Ruff N Tuffs) had Sevcon Millipak controllers (two of em, one for the front drive motor, the second for the rear) and obviously someone has retrofitted Navitas aftermarkets into it, whether or not that ended in success or magic smoke is anyone's guess? You might have inherited a failed project. We got one of those botched Navitas conversions in our shop that took a year plus to make run, only for the rear end to eat itself.

Diagnosis is basically 'count the blinkenlights and Google'. That's if the Millipaks are still there. There ain't no handheld for these things. I think Navitas can also flash diagnostics though because our project one did. Look for those when you turn the key on, and find the Navitas manual somewhere online, and maybe you'll get lucky and it's a solenoid failure or something.

Navitas also has a bluetooth app for your phone, and if they're still good, the app might give you diagnostics. You turn key on, open the app, and the controller should just show up.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 07:02 AM   #3
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you can get connected to the navitas controllers it may give you some more insight. There are alot of diagnostic tools in there that tell you the state of various switches and voltages at various points connected to the controller.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 10:03 AM   #4
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I noticed in the pictures that all the connections I see are rusted and any of those points can be weak/bad. First thing I would do is go thru every connection you can get to and clean with wire brush and reconnect. All it takes is one of those to not be making good solid connection and you'll never figure it out by replacing a lot of expensive parts.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 08:50 PM   #5
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Whenever you see rust especially up top, it's another red flag. That oftentimes means it's a flood car, and going to be something one throws money at and prays it works. In the end, you'd be better off buying a good cart new. At this point I'd drain the differentials and see if water comes out instead of grease.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts