lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2023, 12:50 PM   #1
jgregoir
Not Yet Wild

Default Lithium Newbie Question

My current flooded batteries seem to be starting to fade and looking at replacing. 2016 yamaha drive 2. Alltrax controller, lifted cart. Considering going lithium or getting a set of Trojans I see online now for about $1,500. I use my cart primarily to drive about 1 mile to the course and play 18 holes a few times a week or to take the wife & kids down to the neighborhood pool.
Couple newb questions for some of you experts if you don’t mind:

1. Are there certain brands of lithium packages you’d recommend/certain brands to avoid
2. What will a conversion roughly cost me? Do I need 2 or 3 48v batteries with the upgraded controller. Looking to maintain my 23-25mph set up now.
3. If I stay with Trojans how long should those last me with proper maintenance? (Cart came with Duracells, not impressed).
4. Can I do the conversion myself? I’m pretty mechanically inclined.
5. Are there currently or ever any good deals out there for lithium conversion packages?
6. Anything else I should know or be aware of?

Love the idea of the lithium just not sure it’s really worth the extra investment and effort for what I use it for or not. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks I’m advance!
jgregoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2023, 02:51 PM   #2
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Lithium Newbie Question

Go for a 72Ah or 105Ah 48v Eco Battery. They have everything you need in the kit you purchase and after sales support is great. There are other brands as well, such as Allied. Whatever you decide, don't go for multiple 12v batteries.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!