lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2023, 04:19 PM   #11
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: Extreme Team issues - post here

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
Apparently they used different BMS units. One person claimed they had an ANT BMS

I would like to see some pictures of the inside of these batteries.
ET did use DALY and ANT BMSs. I think they started with DALYs and then used ANTs when they came out with their "high output" batteries. I created all of their instruction sheets for them (since they didn't have any), but there were so many different variations that I don't remember for sure...
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2023, 04:46 PM   #12
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

That bulge is something to monitor. Are you sure the cells aren't there?

EDIT: Looking better at the photos I believe the batteries are located there!

Also, do the cells have any markings that will give us an opportunity to check their specifications?

That's only a 100A BMS. Let's take the opportunity to go significantly bigger. Even if the cells can't supply the current, the BMS will be operating under a better margin of safety. The price difference won't be too much.

Have a look here.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...d=p0zwuFrU4khg

The 100A that you have is about $74 but I would recommend the 200A or 250A at around the $130 mark. No need to go with a fan. It also comes with a BT module and temperature probe. You'll need to select the "LiFePo4 24S 72V BT" option then the current you want. Balance plugs should match one of the previous BMS's you've had but if not then it will be quite simple to change as you've got the breakout board there.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 04:48 PM   #13
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonr3 View Post
I created all of their instruction sheets for them (since they didn't have any), but there were so many different variations that I don't remember for sure...
You worked with them and they still hung you out to dry. What hope does the average customer have.
Old 01-14-2023, 05:38 PM   #14
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
You worked with them and they still hung you out to dry. What hope does the average customer have.
Yep.
Old 01-15-2023, 10:56 AM   #15
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
That bulge is something to monitor. Are you sure the cells aren't there?

EDIT: Looking better at the photos I believe the batteries are located there!

Also, do the cells have any markings that will give us an opportunity to check their specifications?

That's only a 100A BMS. Let's take the opportunity to go significantly bigger. Even if the cells can't supply the current, the BMS will be operating under a better margin of safety. The price difference won't be too much.

Have a look here.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...d=p0zwuFrU4khg

The 100A that you have is about $74 but I would recommend the 200A or 250A at around the $130 mark. No need to go with a fan. It also comes with a BT module and temperature probe. You'll need to select the "LiFePo4 24S 72V BT" option then the current you want. Balance plugs should match one of the previous BMS's you've had but if not then it will be quite simple to change as you've got the breakout board there.

Cheers
Pat.
Thanks Pat!!!

I decided to check out that "bulge" before I spend more $$$ on this thing. I took the separating bulkhead off after disconnecting the exterior terminals. It looks as if the bulge is created by the padding and that the bulkhead sides were pushed in too far (the sides are slotted so that the bulkhead can slide for or aft before tightening the fasteners.) I guess they want to make sure the cells don't move.

Since that looked good, I ordered the 250A version that you recommended and it says it should be here by Feb. 14th.

The cells have a transparent wrap over the tops but I don't see any markings...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cells.jpg (997.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg padding.jpg (656.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg markings.jpg (874.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-15-2023, 04:12 PM   #16
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Great. When you get the BMS we’ll connect it up and go through the settings.
Old 01-15-2023, 06:11 PM   #17
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Great. When you get the BMS we’ll connect it up and go through the settings.
Sounds good - thanks for all of the help and advice!!!
Old 01-23-2023, 09:44 AM   #18
shoomba
Not Yet Wild

I got a ET 48v 100ah High Output pack this past summer for my precedent. Worked well for a few months but started having BMS shut downs. They were fairly uncommon, has only happened a handful of times but it renders the cart useless until you can get it on a charger. Customer Support was useless I got as far as sending some guy some screenshots and never heard back. But last night it died on my twice coming home from a friends house, thinking it may have been due to the cold. Luckily Pat here had helped me previously build a BMS jump starter that worked like a charm. I jumped it the first time, then it died again maybe 500 feet later and I jumped it again then feathered it home. Go to email extreme team this morning and find out they closed their doors. After some reading it seems like replacing the BMS is the way to go. Pretty disappointing but it is what it is, luckily my club closed for remodel this year so its a good year to work on the cart. I'd like to start the process of replacing the BMS but Im not sure how to even crack open my battery to get a look at things. Most of extreme teams documentation seems to be for their early Daly BMS packs does anyone know the process of opening up one of their later high output packs? Any recommendations on what BMS to replace it with? I've seen recommendations for Orion, JBD, and Daly. I dont want to cheap out on the BMS because it seems like Im basically stuck with this battery but at the same time Im not the most techinical/electrical inclined, its why I bought a drop in system in the first place, so something that'll actually work thats not super technical to install would be ideal.
shoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 10:43 AM   #19
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Hi Shoomba,

Sorry to hear that, but good to hear my jump starter got you home. Bad to hear your ET battery needs repairing. We really need to start with getting the pack open and seeing what’s inside. I can’t really help with that except if you possibly post some images here so that we can find a way in.

I don’t believe you have the Daly BMS like Jonr3 has as that should reset itself after a protection event, but I can’t be sure without getting a look inside.

Pat.
Old 01-24-2023, 05:04 PM   #20
shoomba
Not Yet Wild

I opened my battery today and this is what I found. I tried taking the silver piece off the top, but even with the screws out it doesnt want to budge. Probably will have to get that off at some point to get more info on what it actually is. Looks like there used to be a sticker on it at one point at the top. Anyway all I can see is the black wires soldered to the board with C- printed near the connections, and the blue wires soldered onto a side that says B-. Plus the connectors at top covered in some white gunk. Not exactly what I was hoping to find. I do know its an ANT BMS and not a Daly, but I dont know any model or specs for it, despite me asking ET more than once before they went under.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1140.jpg (223.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1141.jpg (174.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1142.jpg (202.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1143.jpg (162.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1144.jpg (194.2 KB, 0 views)
shoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium