lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2022, 03:11 PM   #1
fenderly
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO S4 Express Elite ride quality

I have a 2021 S4 Express Elite and have to say the ride is rough. I've let air out of tires but still rough. Today I was riding solo and a hit small a bump on the road and it snapped a bolt in half that holds the front strut canopy up. Only time it's really a smooth ride is weighted down. Is there any aftermarket parts to smooth the ride out?
fenderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2022, 08:52 AM   #2
fstop
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZGO S4 Express Elite ride quality

It's an issue with Club Car LiOn as well. My Onward with factory lift is the same story. 4 people in it and it rides much better. Mine has factory 14" wheels with 23" street radials I put on (square road contact pattern and pretty stiff), but 12" wheels and rounded soft 23" tires would likely improve things (at the expense of cornering). It's a golf cart so it's never going to ride like a Cadillac, but there is definite room for improvement...

I think both EZgo and CC didn't bother to re-engineer the suspension when they went Lithium. Mine was lead acid from factory and I switched to Lithium and I thought for sure the factory Lithium carts would have softer suspension parts and I'd order those for my cart. Nope - same part numbers for lead acid battery or Lithium carts, despite major weight differences (at least for CC - you may want to verify for EZGO).
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 01:21 PM   #3
notspam
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a liberty. If you look beneath it, they've bolted a thick stack of steel plates to the bottom. You could always do something like that...
notspam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 08:56 PM   #4
fenderly
Not Yet Wild

Some good ideas. Wish Ezgo would have made the ride a bit smoother with Lithium.

I might have to give adding more plates a try. It looks like Express has same as Liberty.
Old 09-28-2022, 08:57 AM   #5
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I bet the four person S4 comes factory with HD springs... But with lithium you don't want that since it makes the ride harsh. I wonder if the spring length of the two person S2 is the same as the spring length of the S4... Meaning the S2 would be regular duty which would give you a much softer ride on lithium if they fit.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:57 AM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I would try to mod the springs before I would add useless weight.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 03:53 PM   #7
fenderly
Not Yet Wild

The back bounces alot in the rear so they might be HD springs. I'll have to check. Just doesn't make alot of sense for EZGO to have HD springs in the lithium....I think the total weight is 900lbs and towing is limited (at least I have DoubleTake Cruze 6 rear seats which doesn't have an aftermarket 2 inch receiver.)
Old 10-04-2022, 01:49 PM   #8
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't know if they do have HD springs, but I was thinking that the regular S4 had HD springs and when EZGO converted to lithium they possibly didn't consider the spring rate. How many leaves are in your rear springs?
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 10:57 AM   #9
fenderly
Not Yet Wild

@bronsonj It has 3 springs
Old 05-29-2023, 01:04 PM   #10
fresh_ayer
Not Yet Wild

On my L6 Elite there is a stack of weights mounted underneath the driver area for added weight. Based on my ride quality I’d say it’s not enough.
fresh_ayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO