lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2023, 06:11 PM   #21
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 670 into 2013 EZGO Build

As far as the shifter/trans issue.... I think the cable is too tight. There needs to be some slack in order to keep the trans in gear. I had some issues with a TXT with a Briggs Vtwin and CV Tech 06 clutch, kinda the same. It would happen under acceleration. I don't know if the torque would move the selector somehow or what, but I loosened the shifter cable up and it worked perfectly.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2023, 09:28 AM   #22
doo dah
Gone Wild

I have removed the caps and adjusted the settings however it would never run well enough to know if I was making progress. What it came down to was the way I have the throttle cable connected. I bought the 670 universal throttle kit so I could bypass that maze of springs and levers from the factory and of course no instructions, I solved the issue and the cart runs great. I was only getting 30% throttle and now I can get 100% sweep. Once warmed up the engine runs great, idles great, and stays in gear now so I'm pretty happy. Haven't had it up to full speed but it is waaay more than the Kawasaki and, believe it or not, forward and reverse are in tact. Must be the design of the transaxle but even though it is spinning CCW everything still works like factory and at around 3000 rpm it runs 30+ mph. Going to try and get through a tank of fuel to make sure I get all the bugs out but I might actually be done. :)
doo dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 02:38 PM   #23
doo dah
Gone Wild

Some final pics of the cart back on the beach and the P670 universal throttle set up.
doo dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 06:22 AM   #24
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Lookin good!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!