lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2009, 09:07 PM   #1
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default ac carts

hey guys, i have a cart that was taken over by ike and now all of the electronics need to be replaced. It just hit me to check out the AC motors. I was going to send my motor off to get reworked for speed because Ill just be using this cart for cruising, and then I was going to get a fairly high amp controller to try and get as much torque since my motor would be for speed....then I read that I could get an AC kit for around $2000 that would get my cart up to around 20 or 25 mph without changing the rear end gears. Would this be a better route than sticking with DC? how much would it cost to get my cart to around 25mph with DC? its a 1996 Club Car 48 volt
BlackHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ac carts

Hi, 48V DC will with right combo's of thngs will easily go 25 MPH. Probably 30-40
I know that you'll need a more powerful controller, and with the new controller, bigger cables. It's recommended to use 4g welding cable. Other than that I don't know much about electric carts. I'm just keeping you busy till the smart guy gets here.
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:54 PM   #3
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

hahah thanks, ya.....im trying to figure out a way to get my cart fast but i dont have any experience with different motors and brands. but yes, i know that im going to replace all of my electronics and so im wanting a big controller and also a motor that will use that controller to it potential
Old 06-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #4
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

ok guys, its down to this:

the ac system

or

Motor: D380
Controller: Alltrax 650amp
F/R Switch: http://www.everythingcarts.com/p-110...fr-switch.aspx
Solenoid: http://www.everythingcarts.com/p-811...enoid-48v.aspx
Batteries: Trojans
Wiring: 4 gauge
as well as the MCOR conversion kit

which one would be better? i mean the ac system says that it has like 80 ft/lbs of torque, does that mean it will leave black marks or pop wheelies?
Old 06-29-2009, 08:53 AM   #5
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

500 amp controller should be big enough. For the $2,000 you may be able to add larger tires/wheels to the DC package. Equal speed and looks good also.
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:45 AM   #6
dereckbc
Gone Wild

I just went through this drill with an EZ GO series fleet 48 volt conversion. The motor I used is a GE D398 Raptor with a 400 amp controller. It clocks 27 MPH on GPS flat level paved surfuce.

Sounds like you have a CC right? If so my setup will not help, but mine will beat yours
dereckbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts