lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2020, 09:43 PM   #1
uihawks83
Not Yet Wild

Default Rear Seat options for Yamaha G2

Hello all, new the forum and this is my first post. I recently bought a Yamaha G2 and would like to add a rear seat. The only options I have found is a Gusto brand seat. Has anyone bought any other rear seats that you like for the G2 or G9? It seems that these two models are similar. I already purchased new rear supports so that i can remove the sweater basket. Thanks in advance.
uihawks83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2020, 07:11 AM   #2
93yamslammer
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Rear Seat options for Yamaha G2

I have read several threads where people have used the Gusto with great success. It clears the gas door and fits well. You can fab up your own but I would just bite the bullet and buy the Gusto so you know it fits and will hold up to your needs. Finding a factory built one is rather hard.
93yamslammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 08:22 AM   #3
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Hi there and welcome to the forum!

I recently put a Gusto rear seat on my G2, I went with the aluminum option to save weight, and I would highly recommend you do as well. I lost a couple mph off of my top speed when I added the seat.

The Gusto seat is well made and works great, the quality is also good. They shipped fast and it arrived un damaged.

With the Gusto Seat, you still have to remove the rear fuel door which is a bummer, but at least it clears enough to easily see the fuel gauge and remove the fuel cap and get a gas pump handle in there. If you were going to use a gas can with the seat, you either need one with a long neck, or you may want to pick up a tall skinny funnel.

If you go for the Gusto.....no pun intended...... shoot me a private message and I can give you some pointers. Their install video shows an install on an EZGO which is somewhat different than our install. They provide paper instructions with pictures that have been photocopied so many times you can barely see any details. I had to just try different things until I got it right. I did try calling to get some tech support, but the company that actually builds these seats is closed right now due to COVID so I was not able to get anyone on the phone. I eventually figured it out with some trial and error. I'll be happy to send you some pictures of how certain parts fit together that are not explained well in the instructions and will save you some time.

Good luck, G2/9s are sweet carts!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 85.jpg (382.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 28.jpg (471.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 29.jpg (461.9 KB, 0 views)
J-ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 09:45 AM   #4
uihawks83
Not Yet Wild

Thank you guys. I will go with the Gusto. I just wanted to see if there were any other options out there before I bought it.

Thanks for offer J-ROB. I will message you when it comes in to get some tips. I am planning to order heavier rear springs as well from McMaster Carr as others have done. My cart tops out at about 13 mph right now. I have adjusted the 10mm nut all the way down but it still feels like the governor is limiting it and not the engine so losing a couple mph doesn't sound great but I will address that after i get the seat installed. Thanks again!
Old 04-22-2020, 12:47 PM   #5
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Have you checked the condition of your clutches and belt? Fully tightened you should be doing a lot more than 13mph.

I will tell you this, especially on a non-lifted cart that it would be in your best interest to ensure the rear (driven) clutch is in proper working order, or any service or mods you want to do is done before putting the rear seat on. Its much easier to remove the rear body panel to get to that area and once you put the seat on the back that task goes from 10 minutes to over an hour.
Old 04-22-2020, 12:55 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-ROB View Post
Have you checked the condition of your clutches and belt? Fully tightened you should be doing a lot more than 13mph.

I will tell you this, especially on a non-lifted cart that it would be in your best interest to ensure the rear (driven) clutch is in proper working order, or any service or mods you want to do is done before putting the rear seat on. Its much easier to remove the rear body panel to get to that area and once you put the seat on the back that task goes from 10 minutes to over an hour.
Good advice.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 09:32 PM   #7
uihawks83
Not Yet Wild

That is good advice! I am have not done much at all with these carts or clutches. I will do some research on the rear clutch. Is there anything i should specifically be looking for would cause the issue?
Old 04-23-2020, 09:56 AM   #8
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

the buttons on the ramps of the helix, if they are worn, replace them. If they are gone and its metal to metal, new clutch time.

measure the width of your belt, should be 1 3/16" if I recall correctly, it should sit just a bit higher than the rear clutch ramps.

The primary clutch and belt are still easy to get to after the rear seat is installed.

Depending on your budget, it may be a good idea to call Plowman's and get a new driven clutch from him, he can also provide you with the best spring for your needs.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:08 PM   #9
uihawks83
Not Yet Wild

Perfect, thanks! I will check it out this weekend.
Old 04-24-2020, 08:25 AM   #10
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Here you go:

https://shopyamaha.com/parts-catalog...e-6e56840a75db

https://www.partzilla.com/search?q=8...0&ui=typeahead
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 8.23.30 AM.png (288.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 8.23.40 AM.png (15.2 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha