lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2023, 11:31 PM   #11
cowden.chad@principal.com
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Par Car rear seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookSet View Post
Just to share for anyone else looking to do this. I ended up just getting the cheapest GTW seat I could find, happened to be for a drive2 (clearance from buggiesunlimited.com). I modified it very slightly and it is on the cart just fine. It bolts right to the roof supports by drilling a couple holes, rests on the rear clamshell and I will modify the floor brackets at some point but it's pretty stable. I also had to cut about 3-4 inches off the legs the foot platform bolts too to clear the bumber and modify how the rear seat back attached to the cross bar, but this was all started and finished within a 2 hour period, so not too bad. From what I can tell you could do this with any of the GTW seat kits pretty easy, I recommend the aluminum for weight savings though.
do you have any pics? thinking about doing this for my 1988 Columbia Par Car. Any other advice?
cowden.chad@principal.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2023, 03:18 PM   #12
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Par Car rear seat

I recently restored an '89 Par Car and used mid-80s Club Car seats on it. I have plenty of pics posted in this restoration thread:

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=184216

The front seats were just about the perfect size. However, if you are going to use these are the back note that the rear of the Par Car is just a little bit more narrower than the front. Even though the front seats are perfect, those same seats on the back hang out over the each just a bit, perhaps an inch. No one can tell the difference, though. To get the hand rails on, though, I had to install spacers on them so that they stick out and away from the body just a little bit to clear the wider seat. Again, this is not noticeable to anyone who isn't aware of it.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar