lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2018, 09:26 AM   #1261
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Programming Curtis Controller

Hey guys and gals.. Supposed to go help with a cart the next couple of days that already has freedom turned on using the dongle. From talking with Bob, he told me that before working on a cart in that state that freedom needed to be turned off and other parameters changed back to what they were or you could risk corruption of the controller. Anyone know what those are?

And another glitch. I bought a genuine ftdi cable from Newark and when I plug it into my laptop it doesn’t recognize it. Tried to tell it to go use the same driver as my working cable and no dice. Is it because I am using windows 10 ? Fdti prog doesn’t see it either.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2018, 07:27 PM   #1262
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well tried another machine and let it download a newer driver. Need to try it on a cart but think my cable will be okay. Just need to put some ends on it.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:09 PM   #1263
kojack006
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
This higher level information should never be posted in the public because this thread shows up in web searches such as google or yahoo. By making anything higher than OEM public, you are forcing Curtis to change their newer generation controllers again to lock us out! It is in OUR best interest to respect their best interest.
Hi Bob

Can you send me the developer code in private

Phil_bri@yahoo.com

Tanks
kojack006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:32 AM   #1264
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojack006 View Post
Hi Bob

Can you send me the developer code in private

Phil_bri@yahoo.com

Tanks
You've already posted info in two threads here, that should not have been posted in public. Why would I share even more critical information than that? I'm not responding to much on the forum, as I'm trying to focus on staying alive.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:58 AM   #1265
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Hey guys and gals.. Supposed to go help with a cart the next couple of days that already has freedom turned on using the dongle. From talking with Bob, he told me that before working on a cart in that state that freedom needed to be turned off and other parameters changed back to what they were or you could risk corruption of the controller. Anyone know what those are?

And another glitch. I bought a genuine ftdi cable from Newark and when I plug it into my laptop it doesn’t recognize it. Tried to tell it to go use the same driver as my working cable and no dice. Is it because I am using windows 10 ? Fdti prog doesn’t see it either.
The motor current maps are what need to be returned to original, if they were changed from stock. Toggle off Freedom Mode, reset those maps, then toggle Freedom Mode back on. Once that is done, all changes after that can be done without fear of corruption.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

That being said, this needs to be told to everyone out there attempting to learn by writing controllers with Factory or Development level programmers...

FSIP recently reported to me that motor current calibration related memory corruption errors are on the rise in RXV controllers being sent in for cores or repair...

While I know some of this is related to Overvolt and Undervolt Cutoff errors causing improper controller shutdown sequences, which will write specific known currupt values to one or both of two locations, those are easy to identify...

More recently, it is looking like people are messing around with settings that they do not understand, and they are causing memory corruption to other peoples controllers...

Those of you doing these things, you cannot just rewrite the original file back to correct those issues. Motor calibrations are a live write operation, not addressed by writing a previously saved Parameter file back to the controller.

Bob
Old 10-12-2018, 11:14 AM   #1266
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Sounds like fsip is getting wise. Thanks Bob. My plan is to get an rxv non freedom mode, set it to mode 4, and take a snapshot of the controller parameters. Then apply the dongle and take another snapshot. Print out the two and compare. It will be a couple weeks but I will post what I find.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:28 PM   #1267
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Was going to try to make an adapter cable tonight using a usb cable. 2 wires are okay but the other 2 are tiny. Can I used sheilded 22 ga or 18 ga stranded security wire instead ?
Old 10-13-2018, 04:48 PM   #1268
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Was going to try to make an adapter cable tonight using a usb cable. 2 wires are okay but the other 2 are tiny. Can I used sheilded 22 ga or 18 ga stranded security wire instead ?
Yes you can.

I'm running a fever and having a hard time staying awake. May need to go back in the hospital to find out why. If I don't respond, it would be because am not reading here much.

Bob
Old 10-13-2018, 05:48 PM   #1269
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Bob unless you reading this forum is “good” for you and helping with your recovery you need to ignore our silly little issues and focus on getting better. Someone’s cart not running is peanuts compared to what you have going on. Get better young man.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:16 AM   #1270
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post

More recently, it is looking like people are messing around with settings that they do not understand, and they are causing memory corruption to other peoples controllers...

Bob
Curtis gives some (purposefully?) ambiguous labels to some of the settings. I get asked all the time why the speed doesn't increase on a 1268 just because they "turned M1 FWD speed all the way up to 40" Its a limit, not a command, but that really isn't obvious unless you've read the manual for the controller or at lest done some testing.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts