lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO > Ezgo Gas Tech
Ezgo Gas Tech Resource info, wiring diagrams and how to's for Gas powered EZGO golf carts

Old 05-02-2008, 06:17 AM   #11
ruredy
Born Wild

Default re: EZGO 295 - 350 engine Valve Adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgomike View Post
I hate to dis-agree as a newbie, BUT...

The valve clearance gap closes as the engine heats up on these engines.

The first sign of tight valves is an easy start, and crappy running after the engine heats up. As the valves wear further, they also start crappy.
Mike, your no newbie to most all of us, it's good to see you here. Thanks for pointing this out and I have to agree. I was thinking of non-overhead cam engines and something that Crane or Competition cams had written on adjustment.
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2008, 01:14 PM   #12
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default re: EZGO 295 - 350 engine Valve Adjustment

I too as another newbie, must agree with mike. as he has been working on these for over 150 year (a little more than myself ) his knowledge is vast and his experience is not to be frowned at.

I will confess though, that the 1/4 turn works for me too Jon.

Our new apprentice cartmaster has been browsing these forum pages, and now he has the bug. I tried to keep him away from here but sadly he found us by accident and now wants a super lifted high powered TXT of his own. So when you see him asking questions, Just tell him to go back to the kitchen and make more tea! he must earn the right to do what we do and he is several thousand gallons of tea short of qualifying at the moment.

JUST JOKING JAY. when you pluck up the courage to register and introduce yourself, you will find a warm welcome on these pages. Now, go put the kettle on again.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO > Ezgo Gas Tech