lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2016, 12:55 PM   #1
themaninthesand
Not Yet Wild

Default Replacing Trojan T-1275 12v with Marine Deep Cycle

I have 4 12 volt Trojan T-1275 deep cell batteries in my 2008 Yamaha Electric Drive. Looking for a cost-effective alternative to replacing them with new 1275s. Someone suggested getting 12 volt deep cell marine batteries (specific recommendations include EverStart Maxx Marine Battery, Group Size 29DC or 27F-DLG Duralast Golds). In researching this issue online, it appears that these are hybrid deep cell batteries and might not be right for a golf cart (or wear out quick). Thoughts on this issue (apologies if this has been discussed before, was having trouble searching for threads).
themaninthesand is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2016, 04:04 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Replacing Trojan T-1275 12v with Marine Deep Cycle

VERY BAD IDEA! They won't perform and they won't last. You need batteries designed to put out the high currents used in a golf cart. Maine deep cycle batteries are not designed for that.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 05:47 PM   #3
themaninthesand
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, that is what I was seeing online. So any suggestions on which brand of 12 volt to purchase? I know of Trojan and US Batteries. Any others?
themaninthesand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 07:25 PM   #4
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninthesand View Post
Thanks, that is what I was seeing online. So any suggestions on which brand of 12 volt to purchase? I know of Trojan and US Batteries. Any others?
Those are the two best options. Spend a little more now for them and have the piece of mind knowing they'll perform great for you and last longer (w/ proper maintenance) than cheaper alternatives.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 07:39 PM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

With batteries you get what you pay for.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha