lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2015, 10:56 AM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Caught on Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoner View Post
Could insurance deny a claim for modifying a cart that does create an over-rev situation?
I think another good question might be. Could an insurance company deny a claim for a golf cart that was modified to go 2 Xs as fast as originally designed to travel?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2015, 11:28 AM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I think another good question might be. Could an insurance company deny a claim for a golf cart that was modified to go 2 Xs as fast as originally designed to travel?
FWIW: In tort law, if you modify something from its original design, you become the manufacturer of said device and become culpable for any damages that the device may subsequently cause.

In other words, carry separate personal liability insurance as well as the normal vehicle insurance.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:32 AM   #23
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

What do those dorks know about your gear ratio??? (all other parts aside). Mine is/was registered for street use as a LSV (between 20 & 25mph), it was originally a golf cart, but the title says LSV. They go by the title. When i wrecked my marathon electric, they paid up, no questions asked (my rates went up $ .50/month).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 12:10 PM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
What do those dorks know about your gear ratio??? (all other parts aside). Mine is/was registered for street use as a LSV (between 20 & 25mph), it was originally a golf cart, but the title says LSV. They go by the title. When i wrecked my marathon electric, they paid up, no questions asked (my rates went up $ .50/month).
What the dorks know and what they'll spend the time and money to find out is based on the size of the claim, but I was speaking about negligence lawsuits.

If you injure someone with a modified golf cart and they sue, they will name everybody that ever had anything to do with the cart in the lawsuit. If you are the one that modified the cart from its original design, you could very well be the only one without a chair to sit on when the music stops.

Again, it depends on how much money is involved.

I'm not actually as pessimistic as I sound, but I have testified as an expert witness in a couple of medical malpractice cases, so I know in civil court you are considered negligent until you can prove otherwise.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:59 PM   #25
cgtech

Yamaha

10-4 on the civil case, totally different than a vehicle damage claim to the insurance co.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:08 AM   #26
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
10-4 on the civil case, totally different than a vehicle damage claim to the insurance co.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:29 AM   #27
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Reason #64 why....in addition to the same full tort and top limit vehicle liability limits I carry on my cart, I also have an umbrella policy of $1-million to cover "stupid stuff" that may occur.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:30 PM   #28
Naturile
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I wouldn't tell the insurance company about that! Sometimes the less you say the better off you are! I learned that when I was I kid. But know I say something and my dad says so you done that I change the subject real fast!
Naturile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:41 PM   #29
cgtech

Yamaha

I aint volunteering $**t. Its their job to make their case (against you). All i say is its a golf cart. Never tell any of "those guys" anything they didnt ask.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:42 AM   #30
DaveTM
Gone Wild

When you are pulled over for speeding, and the cop ask you how fast you were going....or if he ask "Do you know how fast you were going?", ALWAYS answer YES. Now, he may then ask you how fast. You can either say nothing....or you can say "the speed limit"......but NEVER say "I don't know." If you say "I don't know" you have now opened the door for the cop to say you were driving whatever speed he decided's you were driving. Even if you were not driving that fast.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO