lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2023, 04:26 PM   #1
LT4Ryan
Getting Wild

Default weighing options

howdy - bought a fleet tempo back in '19, dealer was clear up front that the batteries would give another 2-2.5 years if cared for. Welp, it's that time, they are dying slowly, so now I am in the market. On my old Precedent, I really like Trojans, but am now leaning really hard towards Eco Battery, as there are plenty of dealers here in San Antonio. I have a couple of usage questions about the Eco Battery setup, so anyone with experience I'd appreciate your input:

- I have read that you shouldn't leave the eco battery plugged in for longer than 10 straight days. I do go through periods where we don't use the cart for 2-3 weeks at a time. Is this a major concern?

- Ultimately, I'd like to do a mild performance boost with an Alltrax 300 and possibly a solenoid upgrade. Will that work with the lithium?

Thanks!
LT4Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2023, 06:07 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: weighing options

For the charger shutoff problem, I recommend one of these timers. I set it for the time I estimate the charge to run and forget about it. I've had it for 6 years w/o any problems. Also with a 300 amp controller, they don't recommend changing the solenoid.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 06:49 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

ECO and Alltrax - great choices.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 08:21 PM   #4
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

^^^^^^^

Times 2
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 08:23 AM   #5
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
For the charger shutoff problem, I recommend one of these timers. I set it for the time I estimate the charge to run and forget about it. I've had it for 6 years w/o any problems. Also with a 300 amp controller, they don't recommend changing the solenoid.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
Thats because the 300 amp alltrax is considered a stock equivalent replacement for most carts and not really an "upgrade"... keep this in mind OP you may want to consider the 400 amp model depending on expectations.

lithium batteries dont really self discharge once the voltage settles after being removed from the charger (other than the tiny amount of current the bms uses) so as long as your cart is wired properly 2-3 weeks is not problem. They actually last longer if not continuously stored at full capacity from what ive read. For this reason I let my rv pack discharge from the bms over the winter without charging and they are still like 80% charged 7 months later.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 09:19 AM   #6
LT4Ryan
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
Thats because the 300 amp alltrax is considered a stock equivalent replacement for most carts and not really an "upgrade"... keep this in mind OP you may want to consider the 400 amp model depending on expectations.

lithium batteries dont really self discharge once the voltage settles after being removed from the charger (other than the tiny amount of current the bms uses) so as long as your cart is wired properly 2-3 weeks is not problem. They actually last longer if not continuously stored at full capacity from what ive read. For this reason I let my rv pack discharge from the bms over the winter without charging and they are still like 80% charged 7 months later.
Great info, thanks! So, I am looking at this setup here (please remove if links are not allowed) https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...alltrax-xct300

with healthy batteries and good tires (I am on 21" tall tires) it says to expect mild torque and about 20-22mph. That's all I really want.

I think I am going to pull the trigger on one this week.
LT4Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 10:20 AM   #7
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Give David a call directly and run it all by him. He is a great guy and will not steer you wrong!

And I am very jealous!!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 10:30 AM   #8
Eco Battery
Not Yet Wild

The latest version of firmware on all Eco Batteries will automatically go into power save after 7 days of inactivity (when there is no charge or discharge above 5A). This mode will completely shut down the battery and will not discharge more than 1-2% per month at that point.

They will also go into power save mode within 24 hours if the battery gets to 20% SOC.

Both timers are designed to keep the battery awake during day to day usage, but shut off completely if you forget about it long term. This should effectively ensure you never return to a dead battery no matter how long you leave it unattended.
Eco Battery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 11:42 AM   #9
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
Give David a call directly and run it all by him. He is a great guy and will not steer you wrong!

And I am very jealous!!

Run it by David. Tell him what you’re looking for and he will set you up to make it meet or exceed what you’re expecting. Great guy to work with.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car