lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2023, 07:19 PM   #16
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2004 TXT hard start

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Ok so let’s try this… trust but verify

Take the main jet out of your carb and look at it closely. It should have either an 80, 82, or 90 stamped into the side of it in small numbers.

Ezgo carbs are hard to absolutely identify as oem too because they don’t clearly have mikuni or keihin stamped into the body.

As JP said that little square clip thing can be a real PITA. Also make sure the cable routes between the starter and the motor so it goes STRAIGHT up to that stupid black clippy thing. Otherwise the cable can bind and it won’t be happy.

I also know this is a mci and they’re not common for the valve wear like pre mci but maybe if you could get a picture of the valve adjusters clearly showing the threads on top of the lock nuts. Even the mci if they’re run hard, with governor cranked, and have a bunch of hours the valves can still wear.
I have taken probably 15 of these apart and none with the 90 jet yet. I keep looking because I have a 350 MCI engine I need one for. I have a MCI carburetor but it has the 80 jet like all of them have that I have looked into.
Only difference in the 295 and 350 carburetor is the jet.
Its really easy to tell them apart from the cheap ones. Cheap ones have no marking on them. OEM ones have a 13 stamped inside . You will see it easy.
13mm venturi.
The pre mci ones were 15 mm. A 15 is stamped in it . The bowl and float is different. You could adjust the floats on older ones with a 15 mm venturi. They weren't made of plastic.
MCI carbs have the non adjustable plastic float. Take a look at your float lever when it inverted . Is your float plastic ? does the float sit parallel to body?
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO