lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
jwnovaman
Not Yet Wild
Taylor-Dunn

Question 99 CC 48 volt no go on full charge

I posted this last week I believe but my account here disapeered as well as my post. Heres the deal. 99 CC 48 volt system. I can jack the rear end up and the wheels slowly go in forward and reverse. I get a total pack voltage of 50.7 volts and with the pedal to the floor it drops to 48.5 +/- .2 volts. I am good with the older carts when you can throw a crowbar accross the contacts and go. We use these at work and have 8 golf carts. Taylor Dunn utility cart, a couple of Yamaha's, Hyundai, CC.......... I am the maintenance supervisor and just need to get a little more info. I have done some searches here and sounds like the controller took dump on me. contactor pulls when I hit the throttle. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
jwnovaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:46 PM   #2
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Default Re: 99 CC 48 volt no go on full charge

Does your have a V glide on it to control speed?
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:41 PM   #3
jwnovaman
Not Yet Wild
Taylor-Dunn

V glide? Not sure what that is to be honest.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:47 PM   #4
jwnovaman
Not Yet Wild
Taylor-Dunn

update. after more looking and feeling on the cart. I found that the accelerator pedal has a bit of slop and was causing the the cylinoid to always stay closed. Could that have caused a motor issue? The cart tries to go but is realy slow and weak. I can hold it in place with one foot on the ground. Does this in both forward and reverse. I am starting to think it had a constant run to the motor. I could hear the whine of the controller while it was parked in forward.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:29 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

They had a linkage weakness... Where the rod went into the peddle lever. See if you can tighten that up by crimping it or something I forget the fix exactly... I would have to see one again..
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:40 PM   #6
jwnovaman
Not Yet Wild
Taylor-Dunn

already took care of the pedal problem. still wont go. Got a Taylor Dunn that will push it into the local river though just kiding
Old 03-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #7
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

if the solenoid was alwas closed, it will discaharge the batteries down to nothing, so check pack voltage. It could have also burnt up the solenoid, so bypass that and see if it runs.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:29 PM   #8
jwnovaman
Not Yet Wild
Taylor-Dunn

The pack voltage holds at 50 plus. I had it in my shop all day and had just a slight drop not even a half volt. The sylenoid still functions correctly. now it just seems that there is no power. it will creep along very weak. I am wondering if the motor might have been damaged. I havent pulled it or looked to check the to see what the brushes look like.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:27 PM   #9
jwnovaman
Not Yet Wild
Taylor-Dunn

update
Now that I had a weekend to sit and think. I checked a few more things out. The sylenoid is fine. I can get it to go forward slow but it goes. When I out it in reverse it hits the same point and stops. My nest question is, where is the brush holder? Is it under the end plate of the motor? I think the brushes are gone and starting to the arm might have a burn on it as well since it stalls in the same place. Just a thought after all the other checks and tests I have done.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car