lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2014, 03:14 PM   #1
LeonLem1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Wiring help for Super Duty F/R Contactor

I just got all of my upgrade parts in from Scotty B and have started the process of installing and wiring them. I am running in to a snag with the F/R contactor. It seems that there were wires that were connected to the back of the old F/R switch that I can't figure out what to do with.

On the old switch there was a wiring harness that ran between the controller/solenoid and the f/r switch. There were a few wires coming from the front of the cart, that also hooked into this harness. Specifically, I am not seeing where to connect the green and blue wires from the front of the cart and where the orange wire that is part of the harness connects. I see that the orange hooks to the controller on one side, but where does it hook to the new f/r contactor?

The little micro switches that were on the old switch seemed to be where some of these wires went, but the new switch does not have those, so what do I do with them?

I am a novice at this and may be in over my head, this is pretty confusing trying to figure out all of the old and new wiring. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
LeonLem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wiring help for Super Duty F/R Contactor

I am sure that scotty gave you a wiring diagram for the kit......can you scan it or up load it here ? and the instructions as well.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:56 PM   #3
leonlem
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
I am sure that scotty gave you a wiring diagram for the kit......can you scan it or up load it here ? and the instructions as well.
He did send directions and three or four different wiring diagrams, but I am at work right now and they are at home. I will do that when I get to the house, in a few hours.
They are somewhat confusing to a novice like me. I stared at them last night for what seemed like hours trying to figure it out. I'm sure this is pretty basic stuff for most people!
leonlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:44 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

hmmmmm what's confusing to me is why do you have more than one log-in/account.......
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:28 PM   #5
leonlem
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
hmmmmm what's confusing to me is why do you have more than one log-in/account.......
I'm not sure! I must have logged in once before and forgotten and set up another account recently. I guess at 54, my empire is not what it used to be! How do I look at that and maybe delete one?
Anyway, I have two of the wiring diagrams saved as images. How do I post them?
Old 02-18-2014, 09:48 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Not everybody can make heads or tails of a wiring diagram.
What the main install diagram shows in the upper left hand corner is the red wire connected to the blue wire. The red wire is the battery pack positive source for the key switch. This red wire used to go to both of the F&R micro switches by way of a center jumper. The red wire may come from the charging port or it may come from the battery pack. It makes no difference where it comes from so long as it is a constant supply of full battery pack positive voltage.
The second wire that was connected to the forward microswitch on the old F&R is the blue wire. When you put the card in gear the red and the blue wire were connected. The blue wire goes to the ignition switch. Simply connect the red wire in the blue wire to bring power to the key switch.
Two wires were attached to the reverse microswitch. An orange wire for half speed reverse and a wire to the backup alarm.
Go to the supplemental drawing to see how to connect the orange wire to the rocker switch so that it will activate the half speed reverse function. The diagram is complete. The orange wire simply connects to the switch. Notice there is a jumper wire placed between the two center terminals to activate the second row of terminals in the switch.

The third diagram is the standard F&R install sheet. I have attached it because it contains the original layout of the small wires you're asking about. See the microswitch wiring mid-page on the right side.
Hang in there – you almost got it.
Let me know if you need more help.
I have attached the install diagrams in case others want to help also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0.2reversing-contactor-EzgoTXT.jpg (232.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0.2R_C diode install.JPG (258.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0.1Ezgo F&R instruc 05-15-13.jpg (99.1 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:19 PM   #7
leonlem
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Not everybody can make heads or tails of a wiring diagram.
What the main install diagram shows in the upper left hand corner is the red wire connected to the blue wire. The red wire is the battery pack positive source for the key switch. This red wire used to go to both of the F&R micro switches by way of a center jumper. The red wire may come from the charging port or it may come from the battery pack. It makes no difference where it comes from so long as it is a constant supply of full battery pack positive voltage.
The second wire that was connected to the forward microswitch on the old F&R is the blue wire. When you put the card in gear the red and the blue wire were connected. The blue wire goes to the ignition switch. Simply connect the red wire in the blue wire to bring power to the key switch.
Two wires were attached to the reverse microswitch. An orange wire for half speed reverse and a wire to the backup alarm.
Go to the supplemental drawing to see how to connect the orange wire to the rocker switch so that it will activate the half speed reverse function. The diagram is complete. The orange wire simply connects to the switch. Notice there is a jumper wire placed between the two center terminals to activate the second row of terminals in the switch.

The third diagram is the standard F&R install sheet. I have attached it because it contains the original layout of the small wires you're asking about. See the microswitch wiring mid-page on the right side.
Hang in there – you almost got it.
Let me know if you need more help.
I have attached the install diagrams in case others want to help also.
Scotty,
I think you may have just opened my eyes! I was going to ask about the red wire from the back of the charger port, but I think I got it. I can just connect that to the blue wire and that takes care of powering the on off switch. If I come from a positive battery source to the blue, what do I do with the red at the back of the charger port?

The orange wire goes to #4 on the controller and to the reverse side of the rocker switch for the F/R contactor. How do I jump the two center positions of the switch? I already have a positive wire from the solenoid on that position on one row. That only leaves one open center post.

I really appreciate all of your expertise! You and your company have been very helpful. You don't see that level of customer service enough in this world!
Old 02-18-2014, 10:21 PM   #8
leonlem
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonlem View Post
I'm not sure! I must have logged in once before and forgotten and set up another account recently. I guess at 54, my empire is not what it used to be! How do I look at that and maybe delete one?
Anyway, I have two of the wiring diagrams saved as images. How do I post them?
That was supposed to say my memory is not what it used to be! Autocorrect on this thing changed it to empire, for some reason.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:43 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The red wire from the charge receptacle is the positive battery 36v source
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO