lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2019, 03:01 PM   #1
b-dog
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Oil light on

Just got done installing a 6” a arm lift on my 1997 club car ds. It had aa Kawasaki 290 motor. Took it for a test ride about 100 yard the oil light started flickering then on constant. I followed 2 yellow wires from the light. One to the ground and the other to fuse box to a sone kind of module. Can any tell how this works. Had to to work so not at home right now. Also oil level is good with no leaks
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2019, 03:20 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Oil light on

The ight on that is oil level, not oil pressure. Should ultimately end at a float sensor in the side cover. Plug connector under behind and below the clutch, but the float sensor itself is inside the motor. It's pretty common when the lift tilts the engine cradle - the float doesn't read right at an angle. See where it is on the dipstick when you KNOW the oil level is right (like at oil change time) and use the dipstick to judge & either ignore or disconnect the light / sender.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 08:48 PM   #3
b-dog
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

thanks I was hoping it was level and not pressure.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 07:33 AM   #4
zingerbateman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Mine did the same thing after a 4in a-arm lift. I already knew it was from the engine not being level anymore from reading here. I flipped the front engine bracket over which leveled it out better and light hasn’t come on anymore. I didn’t mark my dipstick as I only put in the recommenced amount and change every year..
zingerbateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car