lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2011, 07:26 PM   #1
BigbearTXT/RXV 98/09
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Different types of CVT's for TXT

I have always been fascinated with the way a cvt transmission works. CVT's used to only be in golf carts but now they are in a lot of cars now. Nissan is huge in CVT's. And that is were my question come in to play. I know some people that have a nissan altima and anyone on here that has one 2007 and up knows how nice and smooth the cvt tranny on those work. They are amazing they are intelligent is what they are. I want to know if there is a part or a whole new CVT set up for golf carts that will make it work like a car cvt preferably a nissan. so if anyone on here has a cvt car again preferably a nissan and knows how well they feel and work and aslo knows if there is something out there that will make a golf cart work and feel like that of a car cvt. this is just something i have been thinking about since we got our first golf cart many years ago. please let me know
Keep on Kart-in
BigbearTXT/RXV 98/09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #2
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Default Re: Different types of CVT's for TXT

A golf cart cvt is completely different than a car cvt. I don't want to make to long a discussion, so look at this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continu...e_transmission
Carts use a pulley type, but where a car's is controlled by a computer, a cart is completely mechanical. (so what you have is what your stuck with) The first pulley, the drive clutch (engine side) uses centrifugal force to move up and down, meaning the faster the engine spins the higher the gear ratio. The second pulley, the driven clutch (differential side) is affected by the tension in the belt, so when the driven clutch "upshifts" from rpm, the driven clutch loosens from increased tension, and vice versa.
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO