lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2008, 06:43 PM   #1
shoyam33
Not Yet Wild

Default Newbie with a 1986 EZGO Need Power

I wanted to see what I can do to get more power from my lifted cart? Would putting a smaller belt on work? If so what size? What is a 28 deg clutch? Is it something you can do yourself or buy?And is there anyone who has a custom exhaust on there cart one that I can make? I called a few place and they and there are not many performance part for this year. Thanks
shoyam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2008, 01:42 AM   #2
mb523
Peanut

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Newbie with a 1986 EZGO Need Power

Hello and welcome to BGW, shoyam33!!

There are not many performance parts that you can buy for these engines. Because it is a 2-stoke, not much can be done with the exhaust as it creates required backpressure that is used to move air/fuel/oil mix in and exhaust out.

Some things that I have done are removing the LOWER half of the air filter canister and allowing the filter itself to seal against the tube. Put the top on and tighten the wing-nut as usual. This allows for a more free-flowing intake. For the exhaust, at the bottom of the stack there is a small pipe sticking out. My little pipe was broken off and the hole where it used to be was slightly larger than the pipes inner diameter was. This allowed for the exhaust to be more free-flowing. Both these mods make the engine a little louder but more responsive. Also, making sure it is tuned up will make a big difference too. New fuel filter, air filter, and spark plug do a lot of good for these old engines.

Watch the throttle butterfly on the carb when you hit the gas with the key OFF. Is it opening all the way? If not, your throttle cable has stretched. To fix this, simply move the stop collar so that the butterfly opens all the way at full throttle. This is done with a small allen wrench.

As for the clutch, I think those are only a big help on 4-stroke carts but I am not sure. A shorter belt will create more low-end torque.

Hope this info helps some. If something is confusing or you have any questions, feel free to ask! Always a pleasure helping out fellow 2-strokers! (my 2-stroke in sig and avatar)
mb523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:04 AM   #3
shoyam33
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Newbie with a 1986 EZGO Need Power

Thanks I will look in to those things.
shoyam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO