lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2017, 08:19 PM   #1
blackberrybunny
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Question Looking for advice on blutooth speakers with lots of bass

Hello!
My 1st post here. I am the proud owner of my 1st golf cart, a Yamaha Gas G22AY, 2003 model. I LOVE it! I need some advice and help please.

I want to install some wireless speakers in it, (since I know nothing about wiring). I want speakers that work wirelessly with my iPod, so I can listen to the music on my iPod. Blutooth, I assume? I need speakers with lots of deep bass, please!

If I knew HOW to wire real speakers, I would, but I'm assuming wireless blutooth is the best way. I have never owned any wireless blutooth speakers, not even in my home, so I know nothing about them. But I can say I DO like a LOT of bass, not a weak tinny sound. Price is not really a factor. Can you guys please advise me?

Thank you so much! I am really excited to have some sound in my "whip!" (I live in a very small town, a one red-light town, like Mayberry, hahaha, I have blue and purple hair, I'm 48 years old, and the local teen boys have declared my golf cart a very cool "whip" so hahaha, now I need some speakers to make it xxxxxxxtra cool!)

Thank you very much!
~Molly
blackberrybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2017, 08:22 PM   #2
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Looking for advice on blutooth speakers with lots of bass

Welcome to the addiction! If you really want powerful bass, you might try a marine amplifier with separate speakers and BT connection.

Something like this might work. You still need to add speakers and subwoofer but you get the idea, right?

https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PLMRMBT5...00TZOAQOM?th=1
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:23 PM   #3
Ozzysgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild

You want the 36" speaker and led lighted bass tube from Ezgo. BA

Sent from my VS880PP using Tapatalk
Ozzysgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:49 PM   #4
blackberrybunny
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
Welcome to the addiction! If you really want powerful bass, you might try a marine amplifier with separate speakers and BT connection.

Something like this might work. You still need to add speakers and subwoofer but you get the idea, right?
Hi Gregorio! Thank you for your expedient reply. I'm afraid I don't get the idea. (Sorry). I looked at it and it had a LOT of wires and stuff. I don't understand what this amp, or any amp does. I would have no idea how hook it up! But thank you so much for trying to help me out.

I was hoping for a couple of speakers I could pair together (for double the sound volume).

See, I'm really ignorant with these things.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:53 PM   #5
blackberrybunny
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzysgolfcarts View Post
You want the 36" speaker and led lighted bass tube from Ezgo. BA
Hi Ozzysgolfcarts, thank you also for the reply. However, I am still lost. These speakers DO look nnice. BUt also, apprently, price IS a challenge, since the system you mentioned was over $800. I was thinking more of $300 or less.

Remember you guys--I'm a woman who has NO idea what she is going! So please, something a little, a LOT easier to hook up, haha!
Old 06-20-2017, 11:12 PM   #6
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Hi Molly,
To get big bass, you need big woofer size, big power and separate speakers for the rest of the sound. Most portable systems are battery powered and do not have the strength to produce big bass. Unless you plan to tow a generator for household 110v power, you will have best luck with marine or automotive 12v powered systems similar to the one I posted above. Even that one is fairly weak if you are looking for big bass. Given your <$300 budget, you might give https://www.rocktheboatmarinestereo.com/ a try. They have a pretty good selection and I have used them for my boats from time to time.
Good luck,
Greg
Old 06-20-2017, 11:28 PM   #7
blackberrybunny
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ok, I understand. I guess maybe I need to rethink this and say to you all, forget the big bass sound..... I don't even know where I'd mount a woofer. In the back of the cart, under my rear seat, I keep a spare tire and a jack and the tools to change a tire. You see, I live very rural, down a very long dirt road. If I get a flat, I HAVE to have a tire and be able to do it myself. Someone might not come along for an hour... very rural. But I WILL look at the website you provided. Thanks so much! I DO appreciate your help!

OKAY--- so houw about suggesting a couple of those smaller bluetooth speakers I see at some stores? They are pretty loud and I think they'd do the job.. I just don't want them to soun tinny.

I want something I can just turn on, pair up with my Apple iPod, and be on my way. Hope you understand and If I had the room I'd be buying something nice and big!
Old 06-20-2017, 11:31 PM   #8
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberrybunny View Post
Ok, I understand. I guess maybe I need to rethink this and say to you all, forget the big bass sound..... I don't even know where I'd mount a woofer. In the back of the cart, under my rear seat, I keep a spare tire and a jack and the tools to change a tire. You see, I live very rural, down a very long dirt road. If I get a flat, I HAVE to have a tire and be able to do it myself. Someone might not come along for an hour... very rural. But I WILL look at the website you provided. Thanks so much! I DO appreciate your help!

OKAY--- so houw about suggesting a couple of those smaller bluetooth speakers I see at some stores? They are pretty loud and I think they'd do the job.. I just don't want them to soun tinny.

I want something I can just turn on, pair up with my Apple iPod, and be on my way. Hope you understand and If I had the room I'd be buying something nice and big!
I understand completely! I would love to have the space and $$$ to put in a killer system in my cart too :)

BTW, if flat tires are an issue, have you considered using sealant like Slime? https://www.slime.com/us/products/au...re-sealant.php
Old 06-20-2017, 11:43 PM   #9
blackberrybunny
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have never heard of this "Slime" you mentioned. I will have to look into that too!
Old 06-21-2017, 04:47 AM   #10
Dennisneri
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/nyne-b...lp:product:1:2

i use this in my cart my buddies all have built in systems with all those wire thingies This box rocks out
Dennisneri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ipod, speakers
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center