lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2019, 09:57 AM   #1
aghead
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default I'm looking for bed liner opinions/experiences.

I've read some older posts about liner products.
Holding up well? Brand suggestions? etc.
I plan to start with steel truck tool box tops. Maybe truck bed one day.
Probably small quantity first, if available.
Thanks
aghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2019, 12:46 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: I'm looking for bed liner opinions/experiences.

If you just need a quick spray on type that holds up to minor usage I've used Krylon brand Bed Liner spray cans on several projects and once cured it holds up very well to foot traffic on floor pans and light duty use in a bed, or as rocker panel/fender guard material.

If you need mega duty, impossible to chip scratch or gouge, throw cinder blocks and rocks and metal in the truck bed, serious stuff, look up Monsta-liner. You need an air compressor to spray it, Or it can be rolled on with a special roller. Kits run around $200 for 4L but that will cover a standard pickup bed top to bottom with two coats. They also have tintable liner available in multiple colors, can custom mix/match most colors for a bit extra, and you can add grip sand for traction areas if needed.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 01:07 PM   #3
aghead
Getting Wild
Club Car

Ok. Is the Krylon 'rubbery'?
I want the rubbery non slick feel once final. Not just a hard orange peel texture.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:21 PM   #4
aghead
Getting Wild
Club Car

I am also wanting this to be DIY.
Thanks
Old 07-24-2019, 09:01 AM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

If you want a rubbery feel the Monsta-liner is the closest to that. It is a DIY kit. Can either be sprayed or rolled on. The urethane type coatings will be the best for that.
There are several on the market if you look around. Raptor liner is another one similar, but it's not as tough IMO.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 06:52 AM   #6
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
If you want a rubbery feel the Monsta-liner is the closest to that. It is a DIY kit. Can either be sprayed or rolled on. The urethane type coatings will be the best for that.
There are several on the market if you look around. Raptor liner is another one similar, but it's not as tough IMO.
I sprayed my cart body with the Raptor liner. Very durable and easy to do if you have an air compressor with enough volume. However, it does not have the rubber feel to it. Which is good if your using it as a body paint, as it will hold up better to scratches and such.

My experience with bed liners that have the rubber feel, has been that they are good for keeping things from sliding around. Not good for use as a body paint, as they tend to scratch easier and eventually start to peel in those areas. My truck has Rhino liner in the bed and it is terrible with scratches and peeling, and was so when I bought the truck when it was only a year old.

Hope this helps
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:47 AM   #7
Lochlin
Gone Wild

I just sprayed the floors and roof of the restoration that is talked about here:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/resto...g-restore.html

I have used spray liners on many applications now and, oddly, none include an actual truck bed as I don't have one (I prefer utility trailers to trucks). It's been my experience that the brand of liner doesn't matter much as they all are what they are. The type does matter, though. The "spray from a rattle can" is what it is. The high-quality stuff is simply too thick to be delivered from a rattle can. The roll on stuff is ok but it can be tough to get an awesome appearance with it. In my opinion, the spray-gun is the way to go. A lot of kits come with the gun and it's as easy as screwing the gun onto the can the lineer comes in, attaching it to a compressor and spraying away. The results are professional even for an amateur. Assuming the prep work was done right, it will hold up as well anything "professionally" done.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:59 AM   #8
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

I used to work at line-x when i was a kid.. if you have one local and want a good product that would be the way to go .. Ive used the Raptor liner, herculiner, krylons version and ive seen the rhino liner and none of them compare IMHO

you want something thats gonna last youll have to come out of pocket a little bit
Gallachera89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 08:12 AM   #9
aghead
Getting Wild
Club Car

$450 for rhino for my 1500 chevy truck bed, 650. for Linex
I put a piece of rubber conveyor belt in truck bed bottom, free.
Don't know what I will do with tool box top...paint prob.
-Is the aerosol or roll on liner more durable than paint, and in full sun?
Old 07-30-2019, 01:59 PM   #10
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghead View Post
$450 for rhino for my 1500 chevy truck bed, 650. for Linex
I put a piece of rubber conveyor belt in truck bed bottom, free.
Don't know what I will do with tool box top...paint prob.
-Is the aerosol or roll on liner more durable than paint, and in full sun?
The rattle can liner, though not as durable as gun or roller applied, will be much more durable than paint in any condition.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop