lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2011, 11:41 PM   #1
dewy
Getting Wild

Default 1986 Club Car

Hi, im looking at buying a 1986 Club Car. The owner says the cart is in pretty good condition. He mentioned that the cart goes full speed at 3/4 throttle, and once you push the gas pedal further then 3/4 throttle the cart sputters and stops, but will start up again as long as you dont go over 3/4 throttle. He said he contacted club car about this problem and they told him its a linkage in the throttle pedal or something along those lines. Could this be right? I myself am thinking it might be a carb problem and once you go over 3/4 throttle it get to much fuel and floods itself to a stop. Or could there be some other more serious problems with the cart? He said he used the cart like this for the last 2 years without any issue, as long as he didnt go over 3/4 throttle. The cart has all brand new rubber, and a windshield... he is asking $1100 for the cart. Unless the problem with the full throttle sputter and stop is a big issue, i think thats a pretty good deal. Anyone know what the issue with the sputter and stop might be?? Thanks!!
dewy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car