lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
gator007
Not Yet Wild

Default Need info on half shafts for ST 4x4

I have an 06 ST 4x4 that I am trying to put back together. I am in need of some info on the front half shafts. I purchased a set of replacement axle shafts from EZGO for the ST 4x4 part no. 72847-G01 and they DO NOT WORK!!!!
They fit the splines in the hub fine, and fit the splines on the output shaft just fine. The problem is when you put them on the output shafts they bottom out before the hog ring has a chance to fall in the groove to keep them from comming out. I drove less than 100 feet and herd all kinds of noise to see that the shafts had almost came all the way out.
Anybody have a suggestions?
gator007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2014, 09:00 PM   #2
gemmechanic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need info on half shafts for ST 4x4

My manual published in 2008 only shows one set of part numbers for the left and right axles. If the new axles are the wrong length, but otherwise correct, you could remove the new joints from the shafts you bought and reinstall them on your old shafts. That would be a lot of work. Another possibility is that the vehicle was in a bad collision and the frame is bent.

Daniel
gemmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO