lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2014, 08:49 PM   #1
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default MCOR / Pedal Assembly Confusion Explained

It seems that every single day I'm getting numerous emails and private messages about this very topic so I'm going to post a new thread and explain it all. Hopefully this helps you guys out.

---------------------------------------------------------

MCOR MODELS

MCOR1 - Part Number 102101101 - This was the DS MCOR found on all DS models since the introduction of the MCOR in 2001 until the MCOR3 came out in 2012. It is now an obsolete part number and is no longer manufactured. If you need to replace one of these you must order a conversion kit.

MCOR2 - Part Number 102528501 - The original Precedent MCOR. It is exactly the same as the MCOR1 internally. Externally, it mounts differently and has a different input shaft. It will only work on Precedent models. Will not fit on anything else.

MCOR3 - Part Number 103850401 - Obsolete, Replaced with MCOR4. If your vehicle is equipped with one of these, an MCOR4 will work as a direct replacement.

MCOR4 - Part Number 105116301 - The newest version of the MCOR. Works on both DS and Precedent models. However, if the vehicle isn't currently equipped with an MCOR3 or MCOR4, you must order a conversion kit to make it fit. Details Below

PEDAL ASSEMBLY (Precedent Only)

There are two different styles of pedal assemblies for Precedents. I've attached a photo of both to help identify which one you have.

Generation 1 Pedal Assembly - Uses MCOR2 only. MCOR3 and MCOR4 will not fit. Period.

Generation 2 Pedal Assembly - Can be used with MCOR2, MCOR3, or MCOR4. If you currently have an MCOR2 that needs to be replaced, you have the option of replacing it with another MCOR2 or ordering the MCOR4 conversion kit. Either way works.

MCOR CONVERSION KITS

MCOR2 to MCOR4 Conversion Kit for Precedent with Gen2 Pedal Assy - AM293001

MCOR1 to MCOR4 Conversion for DS - AM293101

V-Glide or Potbox to MCOR4 Conversion for DS - AM293201

Notes: If you have a 2009 Precedent, read this. If not, it doesn't apply.

In 2009 Club Car attempted to eliminate the MCOR2 and used a Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). It didn't work out and production stopped by 2010. 2009 Vehicles were supposed to all be swapped back to an MCOR2. This was a warranty repair. However, I've seen lots of 2009 vehicles still equipped with the TPS. If you have it, convert it. It's going to cause you trouble down the road.

2009 Vehicles that were converted from a TPS to an MCOR2 will have a small adapter (PHOTO ATTACHED) plugged into the MCOR. In IQ models, it's simply a plug designed to convert the 6 pin TPS connector to the classic style MCOR2 plugs. In Excel models, this adapter has three 461ohm resistors inside soldered into the three throttle wires. This adapter MUST BE in place or the Excel vehicle will not function properly. In 2008 and 2010-Present the resistors are soldered into the main wire harness and the adapter is not necessary.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gen1 Pedal Group.jpg (599.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Gen2 Pedal Group.jpg (767.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Black Box.jpg (393.7 KB, 0 views)
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2014, 02:44 PM   #2
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Default Re: MCOR / Pedal Assembly Confusion Explained

Nice info. Sticky this ish
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:21 AM   #3
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Good info
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:09 AM   #4
tsafey
Getting Wild

Club Car

I fall into the 2009 CC Precedent IQ category and was totally lost with all the issues and questions concerning my MCOR replacement. I also had no idea about the TPS situation. Thank you for your detailed explanation.
tsafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:57 PM   #5
rsuddeth
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I see some AM293201kits that include a metal rod. Seems some do not. What is the rod for?
rsuddeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:07 AM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuddeth View Post
I see some AM293201kits that include a metal rod. Seems some do not. What is the rod for?
It's the drive bar. It attaches to the accel pedal and the other end goes into the MCOR4 to make it rotate as you apply throttle.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:49 PM   #7
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have the pedal group 1, it seems only I can replace it with the same MCOR which is 2, is the newer version 4 any better than the original 2?
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:09 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
I have the pedal group 1, it seems only I can replace it with the same MCOR which is 2, is the newer version 4 any better than the original 2?
No. It's definitely not better. Nor can I confirm that it's worse.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:10 PM   #9
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks David, looks like I'll need a new one soon, last time at the camp it was getting jerky.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:34 PM   #10
tsafey
Getting Wild

Club Car

With TahoeDawgZ71 detailed information I ordered and installed my MCOR4 in 15 minutes. It now runs smooth with no low or high speed jerking. Also resolved what I could only describe as pedal stiffness. Maybe I was just trying to push the pedal too hard because of the jerking. Runs like new....
tsafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car