lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #1
panteramatt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Bigger shocks for lift?

I have some rhino shocks laying around that are a lot longer than my g16 rear shocks. Would bolting them on give me a safe lift? Can you ride without the swaybar safetly or would I have to modify the mounts if I run longer shocks?
panteramatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2014, 06:39 PM   #2
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Bigger shocks for lift?

As for the lift part, I think you'd be fine with just adding the shocks. Haven't had any Rhino shocks to try so not sure how the ride quality will be with those shocks. I'm sure someone here can speak up but I'd just give them a try and see how the ride is.

I know nothing of the swaybar so can't really say for sure on that part. But, it's there for a reason and if it could be modified easily enough, I'd sure do that and keep that part intact.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:08 PM   #3
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Its' not a sway-bar,its a Track-Bar.It keeps the rear-axle straight,since the G16 only has 1 mount for the swing-arm.It needs to be dropped the same amount as your lift(it needs to be parallel with the bumper)or it will pull the axle to one side.Unhook it and push on the rear of the cart,it will twist sideways.You can run any coil-over type shock that you can make work,the trick is getting ones with the correct spring-rate so that it rides good.In front,you still need to modify the suspension or your tires will look like this \ /.I'm setting up a G2 right now with Honda 400EX shocks on all 4 corners with my 5" Control-Arm Relocation-Bracket,it sits good,but I won't know how the ride will be for a while,since we have a ton of stuff to do to it before its driveable.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:15 PM   #4
panteramatt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Well I have a set of ishocks from the front of my rhino. Not even sure if they will bolt onto the rear yet but the sure made my rhino ride like a dream! So if they fit I should measure the difference and make a bracket to lower the trac bar that amount?
panteramatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:36 PM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Yep.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts