lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2013, 11:10 PM   #1
dragrcr890
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Jakes - Tierod issue

so i just put my 6" axle lift on, and my tierod is all the way out and the toe in can't be achieved without have the tierod at 1 thread engaged. What i mean is the tierod is barely engaging when the wheels are near parallel. I put the steering drop arm on, but no other pieces were in the kit. so i'm wondering, do i need a longer tierod? is there a standard measurement on these? like mine got cut or ground down? i would need another 2 inches to make it right, so either i'm missing something or i'm cutting / welding it and making it longer....
dragrcr890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2013, 05:16 AM   #2
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Jakes - Tierod issue

If it's a Jake's lift on an ezgo then tie rod 6206 might be what you're looking for.
http://www.jakesliftkits.com/liftkit...D%20EZ9%206206
mcdave71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #3
dragrcr890
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

yup that is what i need, thanks! hey are those tremor wheels? i really like the look of those, i'm ordering them later today.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
salinasgoodoleboy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

DONT WASTE THE MONEY!!!!! Take an hour of your time, cut the tie rod in half, insert bolt of adequate length, weld together!!!
salinasgoodoleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #5
dragrcr890
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

oh i'm not, i'm working on a plow mount and what I plan on doing is actually cutting the tierod in 2 places and making it "z" upwards then over, then back down to get more clearance for the plow arms which extend rearward towards the frame. :) i just didn't know geometrically if i was missing something.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:56 AM   #6
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The wheels are ITP wheels off eBay. SS108's, I think the offset was 2/5. I was originally looking into a package deal but found tires for cheap so bought the wheels separate. The wheels are known by multiple different names from different sellers. Some places have different offests.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragrcr890 View Post
yup that is what i need, thanks! hey are those tremor wheels? i really like the look of those, I'm ordering them later today.
mcdave71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 09:38 PM   #7
Slyder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

can you actually do this?? i just installed a jakes lift and they didnt let me know i would need a longer tie rod, and of course i cant find one now. are they threaded all the way though?? thanks. I know this is an older post but any help would be appreciated..
Slyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts