lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2021, 02:35 PM   #1
Azranger71
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Inherited 2 Cruiser Cars (Club Cars) So Utah

I am looking for someone to help me diagnose and repair my 48v Cruise Car (Club Car on Carry All Chasis) I have two identical carts. One was canabalized to make other one operable. I have zero electric golf cart skill but am very handy with diy stuff. Question: Can I jump electric from one cart to the other to diagnose?
Azranger71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2021, 05:33 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Inherited 2 Cruiser Cars (Club Cars) So Utah

Yes it can be done.

It would take 5 or 6 paragraphs to tell you the reasons why you should not do it. Not the least of which is there is enough energy in that pack to weld, and propel a 1200 lb golf cart around for several hours.

You are admittedly new to electric golf carts. In order to troubleshoot you will need a healthy set of batteries in the cart you are working on.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 02:20 PM   #3
Azranger71
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I wasn't planning on driving it. I just wanted to put a jumper from my currently working cart with new batteries to the dead one to diagnose the motor and controls. The dead one is sitting on jack stands.
Azranger71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 01:36 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I see no reason why not to do it as long as you make safe connections. I would simply disconnect the main cables on the doner cart from the batteries and jump the pack over to the non runner. I do this occasionally when called out to a cart that has been off charge for a while to diagnose or simply to get a low pack up to charging voltage to get the charger to start up.

It will help us to help you if you give us information such as what controller is fitted, what type of other equipment is installed and pictures of all the vital components. At some stage, you will be asked what your pack and individual battery levels are.

I suggest getting all this info together now and be ready for some technical responses.

I am assuming you have one cart working already and just need to diagnose the second. If that is the case and the two vehicles are identical, you have a good base to start from.

Before pulling stuff apart etc. It may be best to supply info of what is missing from being cannibalised and start from there.

Just remember what Slonomo said. It is critical to know that you have a good solid set of batteries before beginning diagnosis and remember that these battery packs have an enormous amount of Amps available to cause severe damage to parts and body if you get it wrong

Most importantly, Only have the battery pack connected while testing or diagnosing faults as it is way too easy to release the magic smoke from certain control parts.

If you have a tow / run switch, make sure it is in TOW before making connections / disconnections.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise car, electric, two seater
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car