lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2021, 10:34 AM   #41
OhDannyBoy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: batteries dying???

yes supposedly this smart charger monitors the voltage to keep it high. But that doesnt really help my issue. thinking i have issues with brushes.
OhDannyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2021, 09:10 AM   #42
OhDannyBoy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: batteries dying???

well i think i figured it out........ I disassembled the motor again and sure enough all the brushes were stuck. i worked them in and out and sanded the corrosion off with some sandpaper. put them back in once they slide smoothly. haven't had it cut out on me yet.

but i have discovered a slight new issue and i think i know the answer but i wanted to ask the experts. when the carts been sitting for a while and i put it in reverse it is real slow to move. i can feel the motor spinning and cart is barely moving (seriously barely) but its like it gains power slowly and builds momentum. forward is fine no issues. after running it in forward just a little bit. Reverse is completely fine. if it sits. repeats process.

My thought is its not enough torque from the 375amp curtis. but if it is then why does it work normally after driving in forward a bit. I have the alltrax 500 but i havnt installed it. i was thinking of hanging on to it and building a complete custom cart from scratch and just selling this cart once i have gotten out all the issues. If i have to use the alltrax i will but id like to save it if possible.
OhDannyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO