lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2021, 07:02 PM   #1
bob428
Not Yet Wild

Default Locking Gas Cap

Greetings. My father has a gas Club Car DS that people are stealing the gas from. Is there a locking gas cap for this cart, or does anyone know of a way to prevent the theft of the gas.

Thanks in advance.
bob428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2021, 09:50 AM   #2
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Locking Gas Cap

maybe wrap a chain around the seat with a lock? or put up a camera. Best bet is doing something to keep the seat from being removed so they can't access underneath
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:20 AM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I’ve never seen a locking style cap that would fit one of these, but it’s the same cap that’s used on Briggs and a Stratton, craftsman, Murray, MTD, and just about every other lawnmower or power washer. Somebody may have made one by now.

A better option may to install a lock latch on the seat and put a pad lock on it. If they’ll steal gas they’ll steal the battery too. Or anything else.

Or get a German Shepard.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:17 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Or they’ll just yank off the vent or drill a hole. It’s a plastic tank.

I never kept more than a gallon or two in my gas carts. A gallon should be good for 50-60 miles and if I filled the tank it would take 6 months to burn through it all. If they don’t get but a gallon they’ll probably decide it’s not worth it.

My .02 get a camera or car alarm with a pin switch to trigger the alarm when they lift the seat. If you’re local I can help :). A siren blasting them in the face and making lots of noise will make them think twice, and alert your attention. I wouldn’t try to lock the seat or anything else. Chances are it’ll just piss them off, and present a challenge, which they will overcome. And they’ll likely do hundreds of dollars and many hours worth of damage for $10 worth of gas.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 08:13 AM   #5
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

An alarm would probably be the best idea, or keep the cart in a shed or garage… Or maybe you could at least put up a bunch of those surveillance camera signs.

Stealing gas from a golf cart seems like a pain. Are you sure it doesn’t leak? [emoji4]
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 10:54 AM   #6
bob428
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the suggestions. May try and figure a way to lock the whole seat down or just tell him to keep less than a gallon of gas in it at a time.

Thanks again.
bob428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 11:00 AM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

This has the close loop trigger that will set off the alarm when they lift up the seat, and the entire system is waterproof.

Directed Electronics Viper 3121V Powersport Alarm Comes with Two Compact, Waterproof, 2-Button Remotes Perfect for Your ATV/UTV, Watercraft, or Motorcycle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C5Y8ZGG...ing=UTF8&psc=1
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car