lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2021, 10:44 AM   #1
BobInOK
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Upgrading old Cushman 3 wheeler

One of my winter projects will be converting my Cushman to electronic speed control. Going to stay with 36 volts, it has plenty of power and speed just want to get rid of the resistor control and mechanical forward reverse switch. I have managed to get a Curtis controller along with a new throttle pot and sol.

My questions are what do I need to install electronic forward/reverse. Found an Albright dc182 on eBay for $132.00 but it says dc132 style which tells me it may be a clone? Also found a White Rogers SPDT for under $40.00 but thinking I would need two to make it work.
Anyone ever done this, what did you end up with?
Thanks
BobInOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2021, 04:43 AM   #2
BobInOK
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Upgrading old Cushman 3 wheeler

Decided to go ahead and order the Albright, this will give me everything I will need to upgrade the Cushman. I don't do videos but will take photos of the process and try to remember to post updates to this thread as I go. Going to be a while, probably November/December before I feel like we are done with the cart for the summer.
BobInOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts