lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2021, 11:47 AM   #11
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Navitas-converted Club Car Precedent Stops/Lurches

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHiPo View Post
I thought it was the MCOR initially. I monitored the app while driving and the accelerator showed depressed even though the cart was lurching and acting like it wasn't.
So you did try pumping the pedal and it did not help?
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2021, 02:03 PM   #12
ACHiPo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
So you did try pumping the pedal and it did not help?
I just did and sure enough you were right! I don't understand how the MCOR could be flaky yet the Navitas is still getting the signal that the accelerator is working.

Regardless, thank you very much!

How long can I expect the MCOR to continue working correctly?
ACHiPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 03:25 PM   #13
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can do that on an off for a while, but you need to plan to replace it sometime soon. More expensive from David @ Revolution Golf Carts, but at least you will get an official Club Car MCOR2. He is a club car guru. Stay away from the Chinese KO's as they won't last long. The MCOR4 in the newer carts (>2009) doesn't last long once it starts to fail like the MCOR2 does. MCOR4 seems to want to fail soon after the pedal pumping starts.

http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 05:08 PM   #14
ACHiPo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
You can do that on an off for a while, but you need to plan to replace it sometime soon. More expensive from David @ Revolution Golf Carts, but at least you will get an official Club Car MCOR2. He is a club car guru. Stay away from the Chinese KO's as they won't last long. The MCOR4 in the newer carts (>2009) doesn't last long once it starts to fail like the MCOR2 does. MCOR4 seems to want to fail soon after the pedal pumping starts.

http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/
I've heard nothing good about aftermarket MCORs so I definitely want an OEM model. I have an email into David.

My cart was sold as refurbished in 2006 by Club Car. Hopefully David knows which one I need.

Thanks again!
Old 09-06-2021, 07:27 PM   #15
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
This sounds like a similar issue on a stock controller when the MCOR is going bad. Try this, KS off, pump accel pedal fast 10-12 times, then power up and try it. If is is smooth then, time to replace the MCOR2. How the Navitas acts when the MCOR is failing my be a little different than with stock controller.
So does the pumping of the go pedal temporarily "clean" the rheostat / pot in the mcor, allowing a more uniform voltage reading back to the controller?
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 07:29 PM   #16
ACHiPo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop View Post
So does the pumping of the go pedal temporarily "clean" the rheostat / pot in the mcor, allowing a more uniform voltage reading back to the controller?
I also wonder if Caig fader lube might help?
Old 09-12-2021, 02:24 PM   #17
ACHiPo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well I took the cart out Friday for a round of 9 holes and the problem is definitely not fixed! Ended up swapping for a rental between the 1st and 2nd holes. Repeating the accelerator pumping exercise had no effect.

I ordered a replacement MCOR kit (actually upgrading to MCOR4) from David Hicks and it arrived yesterday. I should get the new harness from Navitas early this week and hope to get time to replace/upgrade the MCOR and install the harness so I can use the cart next Friday.
Old 09-12-2021, 05:50 PM   #18
ccpro
Not Yet Wild

Following this thread heavy! I have 14 Precedent and awaiting my Navitas conversion although I'll be running standard 6-8v. We get great advice here, as I learned my mcor is probably bad and I'm kind of waiting to see what happens. I have pumped the pedal maybe 1x month and things are good for while.
ccpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 07:22 PM   #19
ACHiPo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just realized I made a big mistake in the title. I do not have a Precedent. It is a 2006 DS.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:44 PM   #20
ACHiPo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Received the Navitas motor harness and replaced it. Went for a pretty long drive and there was no jerkiness. I received the MCOR conversion kit, but at this point I'm not inclined to replace the MCOR.

Wish me luck as I'm trying golf again tomorrow.

Tags
hesitate, lock up, lurch, stop
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car