lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2021, 09:39 PM   #1
Rizzle906
Not Yet Wild

Default 89 par car issues

Hey guys i just bought an 89 parcar. I was wondering if anyone knew what spark plug to run? Also its very doggy and runs a bit better with choke about a 1/4 out every couple seconds. I bypassed the oil injection and ran mixed 1oz per gallon. I guess i just dont know where to start.
Rizzle906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2021, 10:57 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: 89 par car issues

I am not sure exactly what plug those carts call for. To be honest, I am not sure it matters all that much. Take the one you have to hardware store and match it up. You'll be good to go from there.

Having to choke is a tell tale sign of a fuel draw issue. Check out the "Fuel Draw" sticky on top of the Harley sub forum for that. Their earlier HDs and your cart are pretty much the same.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 12:48 PM   #3
Swamprat
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzle906 View Post
Hey guys i just bought an 89 parcar. I was wondering if anyone knew what spark plug to run? Also its very doggy and runs a bit better with choke about a 1/4 out every couple seconds. I bypassed the oil injection and ran mixed 1oz per gallon. I guess i just dont know where to start.
ill look when I get home. I have an 86 par car with HD engine. Having similiar problems your having
Swamprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 12:57 PM   #4
Swamprat
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
I am not sure exactly what plug those carts call for. To be honest, I am not sure it matters all that much. Take the one you have to hardware store and match it up. You'll be good to go from there.

Having to choke is a tell tale sign of a fuel draw issue. Check out the "Fuel Draw" sticky on top of the Harley sub forum for that. Their earlier HDs and your cart are pretty much the same.
you mention fuel draw on my post as well. If I got enough draw to get gas from the tank to the carb then shouldnt I have enough draw to get it from carb to cylinder?
Old 08-23-2021, 05:03 PM   #5
Swamprat
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Champion RL 95YC
Old 08-23-2021, 08:54 PM   #6
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Here’s the manual I uploaded years back: https://buggiesgonewild.com/columbia..._1989_GSEL.pdf
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar