lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2021, 10:35 PM   #1
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Choosing A/T tires

I'm wanting to go to larger tires but not finding what I'd like to have which is 23" A/T's on 8" or 10" rims. Smaller rims equals more sidewall means cushier ride right? I run 12psi most of the year 20psi when it's below freezing to compensate for the shorter run time.
I've searched the sight sponsors and decided on one of these two but would like some input from you guys. Would there be much difference in the ride? The cart gets very little hard surface road time, mostly gravel, hay fields, and muddy sod.
22" with 8" rims
KIMG0631.jpg
23" with 12" rims
KIMG0630.jpg
Both are 4 ply
My controller has the torque turned all the way up so no worries there.
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2021, 10:49 PM   #2
Rmullennix
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Choosing A/T tires

I’ve had multiple issues with Steeling tires being out of round. I ordered a set of them about a year ago and they were out of round. Sent them back and the 2nd set wasn’t any better. I returned them a 3rd time and the issue still wasn’t resolved. I ended up going with a different brand shortly after.
Rmullennix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 11:05 PM   #3
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My screen shots where the wrong site, I plan on buying from Golf Cart tire Supply if I go with one of those sets. Thanks.
Old 08-21-2021, 10:36 AM   #4
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Weekend bump. Any thoughts?
Old 08-22-2021, 09:36 AM   #5
ousuxndallas
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I run 22" tires on 10" rims. But 6 ply because we have a lot of mesquite thorns in our area. Slimed them as well.

Couldn't be happier with this setup.
ousuxndallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 09:43 AM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I'll chime in. I have tons of tire experience, was involved in atv racing years ago. Here's my take...

The 8" wheel yes has more sidewall and going straight will have more give to the driving surface, rocks, sticks, ruts, etc. However, it will also have more sidewall rollover during turns, especially at higher speeds and lower tire pressures. The higher profile will also be more prone to sidewall damage from sticks and rocks. Low tire pressures can also cause too much flex and even cause the bead to slip loose, as well as a bouncy ride.

The 12" wheel will have better sidewall control, especially during turns and at lower tire pressures. At the same pressure as the 8" wheel the ride will be stiffer, however, with less sidewall flex you will be able to run lower tire pressure with less unwanted flex, say 6-8 psi (what I run). With less sidewall there will be less potential for sidewall damage.

I vote for the 12" wheel version and run a little lower pressure, which you can experiment with to achieve the ride you want. Me personally I like a tire that has a stiffer sidewall because it's more stable around turns and won't rollover as much. But, I like to drive a little faster than most and I spin the tires a lot.

If you just drive 10 mph most of the time and take turns slow, the 8" tire will do just fine. I would just avoid thick deep brush to avoid a stick through the sidewall.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 01:20 PM   #7
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Ousuxndallas, you need a higher capacity clip so you can shoot the whole sounder. Lol.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 08:30 PM   #8
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

slonomo thanks, that's the wisdom I was looking for.
ousuxndallas I like your tires and wheels though I've been looking at steelies. I'm guessing that's a hog set up in the rack. Smaller mag for a larger caliber and is that a can on the end?
Old 08-28-2021, 09:16 PM   #9
ousuxndallas
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

6.5 Grendel, 10 rd mag, OSS suppressor. I think this hunt only 1 or 2 came in. Best I did was 4 in a group of 12. Wind was in my face, suppressor worked well. Picked off 2 of to the side before the group started running. Smacked another, then killed a small one on the run.
ousuxndallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 07:06 PM   #10
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I run 22.5" tires on 8" wheels on my main golf cart and I love the ride. I do believe that the extra sidewall makes for a cushier ride. I have 10" wheels and 22" tires on my second golf cart and am almost considering going back to 8" wheels on it as well.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts