lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2021, 05:17 PM   #1
Cdk
Getting Wild

Default 7 pack Leaf mileage kinda sucks?

Can you guys let me know if I had unrealistic expectations? I have a Precedent with 23" tires, Navitas 600/5KW AC kit, and a 7 module leaf pack. I'm charging to 54.8 volts.

Good side: This cart is terrifyingly quick, and it'll pull the front wheels from a dead stop. It's definitely more power than anyone really needs for a campground.

Bad side: My range is absolutely terrible. I'm thinking 7-8 miles max, if I do any full throttle pulls. With just me on the seat, I've seen 280 amp draw on the Zeva screen.

I'm wondering if my cells were just too tired? Or is this all I'm going to get with 7 modules, and I should have gone to 14? Or do I just need to charge to a higher voltage?

Cdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2021, 05:35 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 7 pack Leaf mileage kinda sucks?

Nice cart! That is a lot of current for a 7 module pack. You will get more range if you charge it to more like 57.5 Volts. Full 100% is 58.8V so you are way conservative. You probably should upgrade to 14 modules with that kind of power setup though. I get over 25 miles with my 14 module setup that I have been running for over four years. (Yamaha cart with 500 amp Alltrax) My run current at 25mph is about 70 amps. If your batteries are well used, you are probably only getting 30-40 AH out of them.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 05:48 PM   #3
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 7 pack Leaf mileage kinda sucks?

As Volt_Ampare said, second life Leaf modules are lucky to have 40AH of capacity, down from the original 66Ah.

I run a 21 module pack in my stock precedent that I use for maintenance work around my property. It measures at exactly 120Ah when charged to 58.8v. I don’t need the range but I need the storage capacity as I also run a 3kW mains voltage inverter for power tools, lighting etc.

The fact that your cart is highly modified, and your driving style is ummm, spirited, lol, I would say that you are asking too much from your 7 module pack.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium