lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2021, 04:55 PM   #1
Steve Patrick
Not Yet Wild

Default pertronix ignition module update

Three years ago I installed a Petronixs ignition module in my 1991 ParCar with no spark.
I did not realize that my write up of the update was titled "1991 Par Car only runs in reverse" This write up was written after the update was completed 10/30/2018 and since it did not reference "ignition module" it seemed to be largely aimed at a problem not related to ignition issues.

Today I discovered that there has been some activity on the write up so I wanted to add an update as to the success of the modification.

But first I must preface that Lochlin was a great influence on the outcome of this process. His engineering of his system is brilliant and my lack of success was partially a result of this being the first golf cart I had ever turned a wrench on and I just could not wrap my head around an engine that could rotate in two different directions (hence forward and reverse!) Gotta love a two stroke!
Thank you Loclin for your patience and carrying on for me. And yes, the part number 025 - 003 does in fact end with the letter"a".

I'm an old school hot rod guy so my option was to come at the problem from a bit of a different direction. With some input from my son (drag race guy) and a 15 year old Accel coil this is what we came up with.

So the end result is this, over the last three years the Par Car starts and runs just fine. Not one issue. I have moved on learning about golf carts. I am building a EZGO now. Was electric but it is now lowered and soon to get its souped up 420 Predator . We built and painted a G16 Yamaha to keep in the race car trailer to push the racecar around as needed.
and the Par Car lives across the street with my neighbor Mark who loves it!!
In fact he just joined this site (today?) and will be looking for some seats.
Steve Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar