lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2021, 12:49 PM   #1
Rshano21
Not Yet Wild

Default 2013 Yamaha ydre will not move

Hey guys,
So I have A 2013 Yamaha g29 48v.
Batteries 1-1/2 years old, charge to 50 volts.
Cart started driving very slow, from stop would sometimes not go. Would have to toggle run/tow switch and then it would drive again. A few times of this and it died and hasn’t moved since. I have since changed the solenoid, TPS switch, accelerator or stop switch( one behind the break pedal) and swapped controller for alltrax xct-48400. Only thing I havent Changed is motor, could it be the culprit?

- plugging in alltrax software shows no faults/errors
- controller is set up for ydre
-run/tow switch does not make solenoid click (did before I swapped Controller, does alltrax controller not engage solenoid the same as moric?)
- solenoid does click when pedal is pressed and I see Voltage through solenoid to controller.
- checked voltage between M- and B- to motor and only show 24v?
- high side drive box was checked on controller settings that is correct right? (Motor is wired A2 to B- to battery -. A1 to M-. B+ to solenoid.)
- ohm out motor and seems to be fine correct readings.
- I have not isolated motor and tested - wanted to see if anyone has any ideas before I do.
Rshano21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2021, 01:29 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2013 Yamaha ydre will not move

Motor brushes may be shot. If Alltrax doesn't show any faults, then it's most likely a motor problem. The Hitachi motor is pretty lame. I have two Yamaha carts and both have aftermarket motors in them now after the Hitachi motor failed.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 01:35 PM   #3
Rshano21
Not Yet Wild

That is kind of what I was Leaning towards. Only thing that was making me question something else was no click in solenoid with run/tow switch toggle, but I’m assuming bad motor will not allow it?
Old 06-10-2021, 02:07 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I don't think that the Alltrax does the solenoid click with Run/Tow toggle. But it should click as soon as you hit the throttle.
Old 06-10-2021, 03:01 PM   #5
Rshano21
Not Yet Wild

Ok then yeah it should for sure be my motor. I’ll have to check it as soon as I get a chance and verify.
Old 06-11-2021, 06:01 AM   #6
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would recommend to test the motor with a aux (12v) battery as i did, so you'll quite sure If it works or not. Lift the cart in the back, remove all cables on motor, connect A1 / F1 and A2 /F2 with seperate wires, hook up the 12v battery to A1 / A2. Either it turns, or not. If not, pull the motor out. I've removed the rearend, so it was easy to access the motor.
And, with the new Alltrax installed, there is no click from solenoid when turning on / switching run/ tow also!?
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 07:42 AM   #7
Rshano21
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, that is what I plan to do next.
Old 09-03-2021, 11:58 PM   #8
Rshano21
Not Yet Wild

So I swapped motor - d&d speed motor. Changed all cables and got cart moving.
Uploaded correct field map from alltrax. It runs but noticed it ran pretty slow. Also kind of felt like motor was slipping or stuttering, shortly after driving for just a few min motor sounded like it was spooling up and shuttering got worse on acceleration. At this point pack voltage was reading right at 48.5/49 volts. Cart had been fully charged prior to driving.
My question is would low voltage on pack/ or bad battery cause the stuttering that got worse it seems like the lower the voltage? Or was it just coincidence that the stutter got worse with lower voltage. I’m nervous to drive it if it’s something. Else and I’m ruining the new motor.
Would bad batteries or bad cell cause what I experienced?
Old 09-04-2021, 05:08 AM   #9
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Your fully charged batteries should have around 51v, 48.5/49v is pretty low! Probably the cart is going to a limp mode when voltage drops too much. You could check the voltage of each individual battery, maybe one is bad? Is there a speed sensor attached to the new motor and the rpm signal visible to the controller? Without, the Alltrax will work in limp mode only or it'll have to bypass in the Toolkit settings.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 08:42 AM   #10
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Use the very good software that goes with the Alltrax to log what is going on when you drive. (need a laptop) That can diagnose your problem. Sounds like a speed sensor problem to me.

Tags
2013 ydre, alltrax400amp
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha