lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2020, 05:26 PM   #1
cybasmith
Not Yet Wild

Default Charging issue

I have a used Club Car Pro 2009 and it is not charging the battery. I checked the solenoid voltage while running the cart and it went to 16+ but the battery itself only has 12 and showed not increase. Some threads I read said if the starter/generator was starting the motor it was good. Then others said if the voltage increased to 15-16+ the voltage regulator was good? What else, or am I missing something?
cybasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2020, 07:19 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Charging issue

If it jumped to 16 I would suspect that the regulator is bad but you should see that voltage at the battery terminals as well. For grins put the meter on AC and see if you get a reading. If so I would suspect the rectifier failed in the VR
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 04:08 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Is this a key start cart?
The S/G charges through the White cable to the solenoid. So 12v on the Red side of the solenoid, but 16v on the White side, means the solenoid is not staying closed when the cart is running. The solenoid should be closed (making contact) at all times when the engine is running. Either the solenoid is bad, or there is a wiring issue.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 12:14 PM   #4
cybasmith
Not Yet Wild

Thank y'all for the information. I ordered another voltage regulator which solved the problem.
e
cybasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car