lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2020, 08:59 PM   #1
yasnac
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G29 lift project

I'm working on a lift for a Yamaha G29 and was wondering if spacers are required to make the front and rear tire stance the same width? I thought I read it was required.
yasnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2020, 06:29 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G29 lift project

In my experiences, the rear needs a 1"-1.5" spacer to match the front width with the lift kit. That can vary from cart to cart.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 06:32 AM   #3
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
In my experiences, the rear needs a 1"-1.5" spacer to match the front width with the lift kit. That can vary from cart to cart.
Ditto..I keep 1" spacers in stock for any lift we do for the rear...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 10:39 PM   #4
Brazos
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have two 2008 G29 carts and recently put a Jake’s 6” spindle lift on both carts and did not need spacers on either cart. Both turned out great.
Brazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:44 AM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Every cart is different. Every lift is different. Every wheel package is different. The spacers are available should you need them. I always do my homework, bolt everything up, look at it, measure, buy spacers. On my most recent wheel/tire package, the wheels are turned inside out to get a better offset, and the rear needed bolt pattern adapters with a 1" spacer built in. They are available in pretty much any configuration possible.
Old 09-04-2021, 08:17 AM   #6
expoman55
Getting Wild
Club Car

Question I am installing a 6" lift on my new to me G29.. Would spacers combined with the lift put to much stress on spindles etc? Might want to widen the track some. it is primarily an on road and around the park and yard cart.. it is not really 'off roading' or call it off roading gently LOL
expoman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 09:45 AM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by expoman55 View Post
Question I am installing a 6" lift on my new to me G29.. Would spacers combined with the lift put to much stress on spindles etc? Might want to widen the track some. it is primarily an on road and around the park and yard cart.. it is not really 'off roading' or call it off roading gently LOL
Spacers do add stress to the spindles due to the lever effect. Usually not enough to cause an issue on a golf cart as long as you are using smaller spacers. Most wheels have an offset built in, so factor that in as well.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts